Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space bar doesn't work on Adobe Xd

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a problem my space bar doesn't work on Adobe Xd.

I am a beginner and I wanted to test the tutorial but the space bar does not work. Same thing in the normal application.

I am surprised because the space bar works on other software of the CC suite. I am a Windows user (version 10).

If anyone has a solution, I'm interested.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Hi italosan​,

In fact I solved the problem. My wacom tablet does not seem to work with Adobe xd. At the moment I'm using my mouse to work. It works like this.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

I had this same problem when I started.  What you have to do is hold down the spacebar key then hold the left mouse key then press m on your keyboard then release the left mouse key then hold down the left mouse key again and drag

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2019 May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when you press the space bar, do you get the hand icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi italosan​,

In fact I solved the problem. My wacom tablet does not seem to work with Adobe xd. At the moment I'm using my mouse to work. It works like this.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, I'm glad you managed to solve the problem and shared the solution in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps see my post about the same problem on a Macbook Pro.  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using laptop only. No tablet. No external mouse. Trackpad only. Pressing the space bar briefly shows the hand tool, but upon releasing the space bar, the hand tool disappears. I can't navigate without the hand tool. I can't scroll a project up, down, left, or right.  All I can do is "zoom to selection" and try to work that way. This is crazy.

Windows 10 & Adobe XD updated to latest version as of July 23, 2019.

OK... after quite a bit of experimentation:

1. Choose a tool - if the tool you're using ceases to allow the hand tool to show, choose another - it doesn't matter
  2. Hold down your mouse button
  3. Simultaneously hold down the space bar
  4. Now, locate a 3rd appendage which you will use to drag the hand around so you may scroll across the work area

VERY VERY VERY STRONG SUGGESTION: Make the Hand Tool an item you select on the tool bar on the left. Selecting another tool deselects the hand tool. As an option, leave the space bar/hand functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'd request you to please submit your feedback here: Dedicated Hand Tool (without holding Spacebar) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and upvote the feature request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem when I started.  What you have to do is hold down the spacebar key then hold the left mouse key then press m on your keyboard then release the left mouse key then hold down the left mouse key again and drag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your experience and solution with the whole community 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the issue still even after following the above-mentioned steps.

Adobe XD Version: 31.2.12.4 (Starter), Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.51.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ewan,

Sorry to hear you are facing trouble using trouble. Would you mind plugging the external keyboard and then try again? Please check if your graphic card drivers are up to date.

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press Windows Key + R then type C:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little bit explain: this problem started when I disabled SHCEDULE on Windows 10 (to prevent auto updates). Aparently, the SCHEDULE starts the process ctfmon.exe which is responsible to communicate the keyboard with some programs. "Press Windows Key + R then type C:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" works but, every time you restart your computer, you will have to do it again (manually).

To start ctfmon.exe automatically on Windows start, follow these steps: https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/all/n%C3%A3o-consigo-digitar-na-pesquisa-do-inicia... (PT-BR)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution to your problem is press Spacebar and hit Enter Button once , and it should work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved for me on a laptop with trackpad.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me in WIN 10 !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Use 2 fingers on touch pad. Sorry this is coming late

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines