• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spaces in Font Family names are trimmed (for text nodes in PSD file when opened in XD)

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I am trying to get the fontFamily attribute from a text nodes styleRanges object.

When a PSD file is opened in XD, the spaces in fonfamily attribute in styleRanges object is trimmed and the fontStyle attribute is concatinated with the font name (see below).

Even If I copied a text layer from PSD to XD file, the same issue is happening. But the text settings in XD looks the same for both (See attachment)

styleRanges object for text node in PSD file when opened in XD

{ 
fontFamily: 'BlenderPro-Medium',
fontStyle: '',
}

Normal styleRanges object for simillar text node created in XD 

{ 
fontFamily: 'Blender Pro',
fontStyle: 'Medium', 
}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi and thanks for letting us know,

It is indeed a regression in how we're handing font family/style at Photoshop import, I've logged a bug (ref 118328)
A possible workaround would be to add every imported text object as character style in the assets panel (select all and use the '+' next to Character Styles in the Assets panel).

Then for each of the styles (hopefully not many) you can change the font to another value, then change it back (but not by using Undo).

Let me know if that helps,

--

Vlad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines