• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Specific Hover Working On the Wrong Component

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As seen in the file attatched, I want the top bar to split into two states on when hovering over the profiles (4 circles on the left).

Since the only way I can make the top bar split is to make it part of the component group with the profiles, it is now activating the hover state when hovering over any part of the bar.

I tried to create a shape a layer above but its still activating the hover state even if its above the created shape.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

So I figured out how to work around this (in case anyone has this issue in the future)
To "fix" it, another component needs to be created on top of it but it needs to also have a hover state (the hover state doesn't have to be different than default; there just needs to be a hover state). This means that the original component won't be triggered if the mouse is on an area where that original component and the new invisible one is overlapping.
I think that it would be much better to have a checkbox

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is somewhat confusing to understand what actually you want. If you don't want to activate the hover state, you need to change the hover triggering . Or you can change the state of behind component to other state,where no hover interaction is done. If this isn't helpful. Please ellaborate your need , so I can help in better way.

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the bad explnatian. I am trying to make it so that the top bar splitting is triggered only when hovering over the profile section (the 4 circles on the left) but currently it is triggered when hovering over any part of the top section.

Here are the layers if it helps:

Adobe XD 17_11_2020 07_51_32.png

Adobe XD 17_11_2020 07_51_22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I figured out how to work around this (in case anyone has this issue in the future)
To "fix" it, another component needs to be created on top of it but it needs to also have a hover state (the hover state doesn't have to be different than default; there just needs to be a hover state). This means that the original component won't be triggered if the mouse is on an area where that original component and the new invisible one is overlapping.
I think that it would be much better to have a checkbox of a sort that would make it so that if the mouse is over that object (with the checkbox ticked) then the component beneath it with the hover trigger won't be activated. This would eliminate the need to make the object on top of it also a hover tiggered component for no reason other than to stop the component underneath it from being triggered.

(maybe name it "Hard Component" or something similar)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines