• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacks not working in Preview mode

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of stacks, but they don't seem to be responsive in preview mode.

In Design, I have come 'card' components which have been grouped into a Stack. The components have a default state (expanded), and also a minimised (collapsed) state. Toggling between the two states in Design mode works fine. 

Minimise 0.JPGMinimise 1.JPG

But in preview mode, they aren't responsive.

Minimise 2.JPG

Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, 

Thank you for reaching out, Stacks is more of a design mode property than prototyping. If you wish to create such a dropdown impression, you would have to create it by adjusting components states.

Here are some limitations which you should consider to have a better understanding (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/create-dynamic-designs-with-stacks.ug.html).

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul

So Stacks are not meant to function in Prototype? Can you elaborate on what you mean by "create it by adjusting components states"?

I have already created different states as shown in the image. What I can't get to work is for components to move based on the trigger of another component, i.e. when one component switches to the 'minimise' state, the components below move up. How can I achieve this without having endless canvases will all possible combinations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse how the design looks, Paul. Let me know if the 1st example on the prototype is what you're expecting here https://xd.adobe.com/view/f8bc4d3d-910a-4203-88e9-b7c188bdec0f-adef/ 

1st one is attained by using nested components and states and the second one is the same behavior as you are experiencing.

Perhaps, it would be great if you could submit your feedback here (https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests). 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but the link you sent says page not found

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take the parenthesis off. It should work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you changed the link? Becuase now when I look at it, it is completely different. And there are no interactions at all???

paulw79248469_0-1603679938100.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, I might have updated the link accidentally, please check it again and let me know if this sort of setup works for you. 

https://xd.adobe.com/view/eef408a8-de63-42a8-8170-467455a20928-bba7/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" i may have updated the link accidently" lol this sums up XD nicely, even the dev support can't keep of track of its internal workings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. This needs to be fixed in XD or the stacking/nesting functionality kind of looses it's meaning. Would be great for menus, accordions and as in the example above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been several months now and this feature still hasn't been implemented. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay. As of now, we don't have any official word by when this would be available, however, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. To add voice to the feature, please upvote this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/40762615-stacks-sh...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty stupid that stacks only works for design. If I have collapsible sections I have to create components for each state. USELESS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't say stacks are completely useless, but it's annoying that we can't use them in prototyping. Problem is the prototypes in Xd are pretty much static animated images rendered according to what we set up in design. There are no dynamic relationships between them, like in the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is useless so to say. Having to create components just to move the stacks in preview mode is lame. It's really sad that XD's real features updates are slower than a snail... oh wait! slower than a sloth. I am strongly thinking of switching to a better alternative! I am tired to making useless artboards and components, just to show a small change in the same screen. In summary, Prototyping in Adobe XD is pretty lame and at this rate, I wonder if XD would ever become a go-to tool for prototyping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah from the sound of it they wont even look to implement this feature.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My thoughts exactly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines