• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Stacks] Only in design mode?

Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing a screen with elements with dynamic height. Depending on its' states, the size can be taller or smaller.

I arranged these elements one under the other, grouped and checked the stacks feature. In design mode, when I select one element's state with taller height, all other components go down due to stack feature.

I noticed that while previewing this screen, changing components' state isn't changing others position, like the stack feature doesn't work. My question is; the stack feature works in design mode only?

How could I achieve the desired effect?

adobe bugxd2.gif

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Franco,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. There are certain limitations with stacks which are listed below:

1. If you hover an element with a hover state that grows in size, the background does not resize to fit the new state, and elements in the stack are not pushed away.
  2. Components cannot act as a background for padding and stacks. Instead, create one component that contains both the content and the background.
  3. You cannot:
    • Convert special groups into masks or Boolean groups into stacks.
    • Resize stacks in the stack direction.
    • Select a stack element and elements outside of the stack.

For more information, please refer to this similar discussion: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/create-dynamic-designs-with-stacks.ug.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines