• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still no fix to malfunction in copied prototypes?

Advisor ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a wired prototype is copied to another XD document they loose ALL prototype features and all links and interaction are lost. C'mon Adobe - really? Still? Do we still have to wire every single art board link, overlay, gestures, component states and interactions twice?? I tought this was fixed this long time after it was flagged as a major issue? I have a ton of intricate prototypes that must be made all over again in that document? I'm lost for words. Last time you wrote that it was solved and if I just copied when in prototype mode everything would be copied and not just the art boards. Why do you state such things when its not true at all? Man, I'm tired.

And please don't ask me what version I'm on. It's just provocative. I'm ALWAYS on last available version but that doesn't help me at all. On the contrary it seems quite often.

TOPICS
Known Issue , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

I totally understand your concern, Perrybrus and we're so sorry for all the inconvenience. As per this UserVoice request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13041930-copy-paste-should-preserve-interaction-wires-links, we can copy and paste interactions. I am sure you must be following the correct workflow however, just to be sure, please ensure that you are copying the artboard from prototype mode and then pasting to the prototype mode. And if it st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback. I tested this on my end and it seems to be working on XD 33.1.12.4 on Windows 10. Could you please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening so that we can troubleshoot this for you?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening is exactly what I described and it has never worked. I have a great deal of artboards and a userflow containing overlays, component actions, links etc etc. Took me ages to set it up. When I select all the artboards in my projects from the document and copy (either right click - copy or Ctrl+C) and then past it in a seperate open XD document the boards are copied without any of the prototype features intact. Everything is gone and I'm forced to build my whole prototype all over again. Took me about four days to produce what I had so there's basicly no way I'm gonna do all that all over again. This has been flagged as a problem for ages and everytime we share this issue some indian support agent comes in and says "sorry but we are working to solve this issue". Thats over one year ago! Some funny guy also replied once that "if you copy when your in prototype mode it will work" but that's just not righ. Are you actually just saying stuff like that to buy time or is it common practise in india to just invent som sort of answer thats not in anyway true compared to what the end user is experiencing? I'm stunned.

Please show ME a document with a prototype setup of numerous artboards containing links, vertical scroll, horizontal scroll, overlay interaction, component states that can be copied and pasted into a seperate document fully working with all prototype features intact. If you say that's possible I know alot of people that wants to see that. And please use a consumer build of XD and not some sort of developer build. I have about 11 designers here waiting to see your demonstration cause none of them has figured this out either. We have tried copying from a document saved locally to a document saved in the cloud. From a document saved in the cloud to a document saved locally. From a document saved locally to another document saved locally etc. Same outcome in all instances.

So to give you a summary:

Copy a prototype containing many artboards with links, component states, overlays, vertical scroll, horizontal scroll etc.

Paste into a SEPERATE document.

Wanted result: Nothing is lost. All is intact.

Actual result: Nothing is intact. All is lost. All I have is the artboards and the overlay artboards. No links. No interaction. No prototype feature. Nothing. Just a large amount of "dead" artboards.

My setup: W10. Ver 2004. OS build 19041.572

XD 33.1.12 (updated 5 days ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand your concern, Perrybrus and we're so sorry for all the inconvenience. As per this UserVoice request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13041930-copy-past..., we can copy and paste interactions. I am sure you must be following the correct workflow however, just to be sure, please ensure that you are copying the artboard from prototype mode and then pasting to the prototype mode. And if it still doesn't work, please share a sample file so that we can escalate this further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid I'm not at liberty to share the project files at hand due to corporate policy. I'll check in on you later, right now I need to spend time re-connecting all my art boards and different interactions again with the prototype setup in order to reach my deadline as I have no other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines