Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop forcing us to save to the cloud.

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop forcing us to save documents in the cloud when we create new files

Also, please stop requiring us to use 4-key shortcuts to simply save to our local computers. (CMD+ALT+SHIFT+S).

For an UX app, these are pretty significant UX failures.

Believe it or not, many of us have been using design software for decades, and we would like to work the way we have worked for years without having new ideologies forced upon us.

Please do not change the title of this thread.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand your concern, so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by voting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/40869748-switch-keyboard-shortcuts-for-save-as-and-save-as

This is the best way of sharing your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I understand your concern, so let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by voting this request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/40869748-switch-ke...

This is the best way of sharing your feedback with the Engineering team.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Rishabh,

Um. I don't think his complaint is about the keyboard shortcut. His complaint is that he has to manually bypass your attempt to force everyone to save files to your inferior cloud storage. We used to have the option to select once where we save by default. The latest version (24.7.0 20230719.r.643 efe3886 x64) took that option away again.

Kinda feels like Microsoft forcing Edge and Bing into everything they released for several years. We don't want your cloud service. We don't like your cloud service. We just want to save our work to our own computer, and feel we shouldn't have to tell you "no" every time we save a file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what it used to look like:

Cgradio_0-1694548484404.png

Here's what it looks like now:

Cgradio_1-1694548524077.png

Notice what you took away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a three-step fix on my system. Hope this works for everyone else.

STEP 1
In Preferences > General, select "Reset All Warning Dialogs", click OK and restart the program

Cgradio_0-1694551134402.png

STEP 2

After the reboot, go to Preferences > File Handling.

Next to Default File Location, drop down the box and select "On your computer" and click OK.

Cgradio_1-1694551610211.png

STEP 3

Restart again and the Cloud Storage 'nag' should be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines