• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck in opacity adjuster

Advisor ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm trying to alter border or fill properties the app is stuck in the opacity section. When I click in the border properties it switches back to the opacity section. This happens whatever move technique I use, either mouse click of shift to move to next section, it always returns to the opacity adjuster. Yet another great feature that we are blessed with after the last update I guess. W10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

That’s definitely a bug, then. What OS are you on? If you’re on Windows, a build number would be best.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi perrybrus,

Apologize for your frustration. Are you facing this issue with the latest XD update as well?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god Yes! I keep trying to type in width/position values and it keeps automatically switching to the opacity slider. So if I start typing  "20..." for the "x" position value all of a sudden the object is 20% opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This generally tells me that you don't have anything selected in the property inspector. By default, if you have an object selected but nothing in the property inspector selected, typing in numbers will change the opacity as a shortcut.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm clicking the number field to select the whole number, making the field selected, then start typing and it automatically switches focus to the opacity slider. This happens with any of the x,y position and width, height fields. It doesn't seem to matter how I "select" the field (click, double-click, tab-space), it randomly decides I want to change the opacity instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s definitely a bug, then. What OS are you on? If you’re on Windows, a build number would be best.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W10 as mentioned in my case. I also have almost the exact same problem with stroke weight. I put the cursor inside the weight field but I can't change the number. I can't select it with the cursor, I can't move inside the box with arrow key. It's just no way to change the number! Also, very hard to click a text box without creating a new text box. I really have to make repeated attempts at clicking inside a text box to edit it. I feel lucky if I succeed.

I know I'm introducing several issues under one topic here but XD appears very unstable - still. I've had issues like this on and off since the app became available for Windows. It just makes me avoid the whole product and stay with Axure all day instead, cause that makes me able to deliver work. And constantly having to either read support forums or post questions myself isn't a time saver either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you also provide us with the build number for your Windows OS?

http://www.ilicomm.com/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ver. 1709.

OS build 16299.248

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under "Help > About XD" I see Version 5.0.12.8, Creative Cloud Sync 2.4.4.71. I'm also on Win10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem I think: many older and still current adobe apps require you to double click these little value boxes. Then you input your number. XD only requires one click. We are creatures of habit. I find myself doing the double click, then number. The second click deselects the box value. This will as you say, default adjust the opacity. All that said, I like the one click better, and i am gladly learning to use it. It’s all about speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Doesn't work anyhow I click. Single click, double clicks, drag, no drag, keyboard enter etc. It's a mess and a classic bug if ever I saw one. XD has always been unstable in my point of view. It's always something that doesn't work in the UI and some of these issues have been going on for ages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your inputs, everyone.

For us to investigate further, and log a bug if required, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with the URL of this post over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, extremely annoying...

Version 1709

OS build 16299.248

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, most recent Windows version as of today. (5.0.12.8)

While this happens for me when I attempt to click a value (say, font-size), I can reproduce the issue every time by attempting to select the value by dragging the mouse over the number in the input field. When doing this, the value gets highlighted and appears to be selected however, as soon as I release the mouse button the value gets unselected. Therefor, if I attempt to key in a value then the opacity is selected by default and the value is applied to this field instead.

One would expect that because the input field is indicated with a light-grey bottom border that this entire area is selectable however, it is not. See example when I attempt to change the font size to 67px;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

The team has logged a bug for this issue to be fixed in a future updated. Please stay tuned for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is being tracked at PI text fields sometimes change opacity instead – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs  and a fix is in progress.

Please vote on the issue to get notified when it is fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same isuue present on latest built June 15 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I TAB from a Width, Height, X, Y or any other dimension, it Jumps to Opacity. Sometimes I don’t even press TAB, I’m halfway through a number and it jumps to Opacity and changes to opacity to what I’m typing in. Very frustrating UX. This has been happening through a few updates, so it’s persistent. 

Version 48.12.10 CCS 5.4.0.15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes... Still there... on WIN 11 Pro, build 22621.1555 and XD: v56.1.12.1
It is May23 and this (as well as many other serious bugs that totally destroy any productivity, like "text input suddenly not possible", "undo is no more working" etc.) are still persistent in Adobe XD. This is a joke... Haven't been using XD for almost 2 years now because of the bugs... Don't know if I continue using it after my current project finishes... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow - six years and adobe still can't fix this issue.  how embarassing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given XD is in maintaince mode, this issue will doubtfully be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines