• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SVG export blank area (Too many spaces when saving. How can I solve this problem?)

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

스크린샷 2020-12-23 오후 1.47.41.png스크린샷 2020-12-23 오후 1.48.07.png

Too many spaces when saving. How can I solve this problem?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Do you mean the empty white space in each file? If so, you can ignore that. Apple does not accuratly preview SVG files. macOS is adding all that white space to the preview, even though the files do not have that in them. This happens to all SVG files, not only those made by XD. I would love to see Apple update their SVG previews to make them accurate (the white whouldn't even be white, it should be transparent).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll need to test this on our end, so will it be possible for you to share the original file with us? If yes, you can add the file to shared cloud storage and share the link with us. We'll also need the version of XD and the operating system.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont believe this! Its 2022, people are facing the same problem, and adobe hasnt yet solved it! 
Adobe, please solve these basic problems first and then add new features to adobe xd. 
This article is from 2020, now its 2022 and im still facing the same issue. PATHETIC! 

PLEASE NOTE: This is not a mac/apple laptop problem, this problem is with adobe XD svg export. 
If i export svg in adobe illustrator then it works correctly, illustrator does not show white blank space. 

As u can see in below screenshot, white space is there in the svg file. 
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 12.02.11 PM.png
THE EXACT PROBLEM, AND WHY IT NEEDS TO BE SOLVED:
When this SVG file is imported for app development purposes by developers, it behaves the same way its shown here. i.e. white space and the icon. As a result this becomes useless file. 
Let me know if anyone has a solution for this.

XD file link also attached here:
XD FILE LINK HERE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the empty white space in each file? If so, you can ignore that. Apple does not accuratly preview SVG files. macOS is adding all that white space to the preview, even though the files do not have that in them. This happens to all SVG files, not only those made by XD. I would love to see Apple update their SVG previews to make them accurate (the white whouldn't even be white, it should be transparent).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines