Highlighted

Tap delay on components with hover animation durations

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding an animation/action to a hover state, the ability to click on the component will wait for the hover animation to complete. 

For instance, I create a button with a hover state that has a 0.6s duration on a color change. It will wait 0.6 seconds for the animation to complete, before I can click the button to take me to a different page.

This is also the case for multiple buttons on a page - one hover animation has to end before the next one can begin. So, if I have multiple buttons next to each other, the hover animation reverses after I move my cursor to another button, and I have to wait for the previous button's hover-off animation to complete before the next hover animation can begin. This would be a total of 1.2 seconds before I could tap the next button. The ability to tap should be independent of the animation.

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tap delay on components with hover animation durations

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adding an animation/action to a hover state, the ability to click on the component will wait for the hover animation to complete. 

For instance, I create a button with a hover state that has a 0.6s duration on a color change. It will wait 0.6 seconds for the animation to complete, before I can click the button to take me to a different page.

This is also the case for multiple buttons on a page - one hover animation has to end before the next one can begin. So, if I have multiple buttons next to each other, the hover animation reverses after I move my cursor to another button, and I have to wait for the previous button's hover-off animation to complete before the next hover animation can begin. This would be a total of 1.2 seconds before I could tap the next button. The ability to tap should be independent of the animation.

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been setting anything that's a hover animation to transition > none, or I reduce the auto-animate to 0.1s. It responds more like a real program, although I agree that once a new hover is activated, it should begin immediately regardless of what another one is doing. It's also frustrating that prototype mode doesn't sticky my last setting with component states like it does with art boards, so I constantly have to change from auto-animate to transition.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say the same thing as @samantha_sue, I have found transition > none to work... See button setting in attached image, it feels much better this way... Almost instantaneous 😉

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 10.48.24 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 04, 2020 0