Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text carried through the component states

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow my thought:

If you want to create a button component, or a list full of buttons, and you want this button to be used all over the system. 

Each button has its own text. One is Ok, another is Cancel, etc. On my system I have more then 50. Each button has 9 states: Selected, Unselected, hovered selected, hovered unselected, locked unseleted, locked selected, Locked selected hovered, locked unselected hovered and disabled. 

So.... 

For each button I create, I simply cannot use the same component, since the way it works adobe XD, we need to rescale each of the 9 states, and copy +paste text on each of the 9 states. 

We urge for a solution on that situation. This is against any prototype process. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. If I heard you right, you are looking for this functionality: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-component-instance-overrides-to-be-inherited If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. If I heard you right, you are looking for this functionality: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com... If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

anything new on this topic? Many users shared their feedback and marked the topic as critical, and I myself would agree because takes quite some time to copy every change of a component's text to every state. Would be great to have some update here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines