• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Text]-Font won't activate in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded an XD project to my google drive from a MAC computer at my school, which had the font "Century Gothic" activated, so it was on the project. When I opened the project, it gave me a notification saying that the :Century Gothic" was not available. I then went into adobe window and activated the font. I checked and made sure everything was updating, specifically XD, and I opened the project and I'm still met with a notification saying that Century Gothic wasn't available.Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 10.54.23 PM.png

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Nathanael Sanborn (Cape Cod Tech Student)
TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Never mind, I figured out the problem. I replaced the Century Gothic Regular to Century Gothic Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you happen to use a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a font manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I have never worked with XD in the project you uploaded did you included, embed, that font to the project so it always travels, is included, in that project? I am not sure you can do that but it is something to look at doing if it can be done. Just having the font active on the computer you made the project on does not insure it is embedded in the project.

It seems that the font is not on the computer you are now trying to open and work on that project as it is listed as missing.

On your computer open the Creative Cloud Desktop app and go to the Font icon in the tool bar and activate that font on your system. Then to be safe Restart everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I figured out the problem. I replaced the Century Gothic Regular to Century Gothic Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are glad to hear you are back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thank you Italo and Just shoot me for your contribution on this post. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines