Highlighted

Text function not working after latest update

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated XD to the latest version (24.2.22) and my Text function has stopped working. It doesn't crash when I try to use it, it's just simply that nothing happens. No text box appears, when I type nothing happens. If I try copy and pasting text from another part of the document, I am unable to edit that either. Any help would be great!

Topics

Desktop, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text function not working after latest update

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated XD to the latest version (24.2.22) and my Text function has stopped working. It doesn't crash when I try to use it, it's just simply that nothing happens. No text box appears, when I type nothing happens. If I try copy and pasting text from another part of the document, I am unable to edit that either. Any help would be great!

Topics

Desktop, Other, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd uninstall the XD then install again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify - this is only happening for a document that I am coediting with another user. The text function works perfectly fine for documents that have not been shared with anyone else.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue, seems to be an issue where the owner is uanble to edit but those you shared a file with still can. Looking for a solution for this too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
rupisian LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution to the issue (atleast it has worked for me). I updated my Mac to the latest OS (Version 10.15.1 Catalina). It seems to have sorted out the locked text layers in all my coediting files and works perfectly. Let me know if this works for you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines