• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not appearing in after effects

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting an artboard from adobe xd to after effects text isn't appearing on screen, can anyone help please?

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.02.00.pngScreenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.01.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for reaching out. There are certain non-supported features when exporting to After Effects from XD. Please refer to this article https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/open-after-effects-files-in-xd.html and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for your response, I had a look at the article you linked and theres nothing on the list of non-supported features I have on my xd file. I've tried adding text using arial to check its not the text style and even that won't appear in xd? Only shapes seem to export for some reason.

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me i.e. texts are exported to AE as expected. If you create a new document with just a piece of text on the artboard, would it work...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

I've tried doing that and I'm still getting the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both AE and XD are up-to-date? If so not sure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah both up to date, I've even tried to reinstall them both and having the same issue still loads of text missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot and sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind telling us if it's happening with this specific text or all the text elements? Could you please share the version of XD and AfterEffects you are using? Please try to sign out of XD, Creative Cloud, restart the machine, and then sign back in.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines