Highlighted

Text outside art board not included in specs

Advocate ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish design specs (Share - Share for development) the text that I have outside art boards gets excluded. I have text to label different sections in the userflow, like headlines. When I share the same files for collaboration (Share - Invite to edit) the text is included. So why is it gone in design specs? Is this a bug? I'm on last version of XD and W10 and no matter what client I use to publish specs the text is unavailable in the specs file.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Sjaani | Adobe Community Professional

I don't think it's a bug, but it might be a good suggestion to add to their Feedback forum. Also available under the Help menu in XD.

When you Share through Invite to Edit you are making a copy of the XD file available.
When you Share for Development you are essentially creating a preview of the visible screen, in the same way as Share for Review.
You get more detail in the Share for Development option, but still only the content in the artboard will be visible in that instance.

I do think your idea of a developers text area is a good one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Text outside art board not included in specs

Advocate ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish design specs (Share - Share for development) the text that I have outside art boards gets excluded. I have text to label different sections in the userflow, like headlines. When I share the same files for collaboration (Share - Invite to edit) the text is included. So why is it gone in design specs? Is this a bug? I'm on last version of XD and W10 and no matter what client I use to publish specs the text is unavailable in the specs file.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Sjaani | Adobe Community Professional

I don't think it's a bug, but it might be a good suggestion to add to their Feedback forum. Also available under the Help menu in XD.

When you Share through Invite to Edit you are making a copy of the XD file available.
When you Share for Development you are essentially creating a preview of the visible screen, in the same way as Share for Review.
You get more detail in the Share for Development option, but still only the content in the artboard will be visible in that instance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 2