Text Properties Panel Hi-jacking Focus (Issue/Bug)

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Input fields in the properties panel do not relinquish focus to the artboards or the layer panel for text input or changing layer names. It's almost impossible to work without knowing how to get around this issue. It's hard to determine what has focus in the XD UI, therefore difficult to escape the said element.

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Contributor , May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021
The only workaround I know is to use alt tab to change active windows and get back into XD. This bug is happening for MONTHS now and even with the latest updates, it still happens. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bug-problem-when-trying-to-type-caugh-on-camera/m-p/11811398#M45005

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing a small video of what exactly is happening at your end? We'll also need the version of XD and OS to reproduce the issue. We're here to help, just need more details.

Regards

Rishabh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

In this video I'm trying to change the name of State 2 to no avail. Also, I'm trying to change layer names without success. As you can see the interface is unresponsive when trying to make these changes frequently. At 1:28 I'm trying to change the text on the component directly and the focus remains in the text style property field. These issues occur numerous times during my design sessions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround I know is to use alt tab to change active windows and get back into XD.

This bug is happening for MONTHS now and even with the latest updates, it still happens.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/bug-problem-when-trying-to-type-caugh-on-camera/m-p/11811398...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you FrancoBits! I know this isn't a fix, but it's a suffiecient workaround to continue my work. Much appreciated! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines