• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Text]-Unable to write both new text and highlight old one in XD.

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the "text" tool, the program flies. It is impossible to write both new text and highlight the old one

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

We just released XD 2.1, which fixes this issue. If you don't see the update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the ... button in the upper right hand corner, and select "Check for App Updates." Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is, when you use "text" tool, the program quits?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We announced in another thread that we are looking at releasing a patch this week to address this issue on Windows 10. Stay tuned!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks, I'll wait

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just released XD 2.1, which fixes this issue. If you don't see the update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on the ... button in the upper right hand corner, and select "Check for App Updates." Thanks again for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue!

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! This comment was posted in 2017, but wanted to say I'm working in the program in 2021 and this issue is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I am still getting this issue on my XD? I can't even edit my text. The program freeze, everything cannot be clicked. Please resolve!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rifki,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble editing the text in XD. A few more details would be super helpful like:

• The OS and XD version of your machine?
  • If you have another computer, could you try reproducing this issue on it and let us know of your observations?
  • Have you installed the latest updates to your graphics drivers? Visit the manufacturer's site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphics drivers.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 and I run into the same problem multible times, and in the same time I am using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and there is no problem with there text tools.

right now I write my text outside Adobe XD and then copy it to XD, could you please solve this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Khalid,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the text tool in XD. Is it possible for you to share a short video of your workflow so that we can replicate it at our end? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also still have this issue. XD version 28.8.12.1 on Windows 10 enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on XD Version 35.3.12.2 on Windows 10 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines