Highlighted

The components system is just a mess and that's really suck!

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry in advance to be harsh, but I'm tired of trying to figure out why things just don't work as expected. Seriously Adobe, the XD components system doesn't work and, more important, is full of bugs.

Please check out the attached as one of the many examples of things which don't work with the component system. This file contains 2 artboards:

• On the left: an Android screen which is the master component
  • On the right: a screen which uses the Android master component

Check out this right artboard, right click its Android slave component and select "Reset to master". Something suddently appears which is not in the master component.

I spend countless hours on such problems in the component system. This is really a mess and almost unusable in the professionnal environment. Sorry Adobe.

Funny bug: this site refuses to attach a xd file. What a symbol! This file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lei39174i9xxk9r/this-is-bad.xd?dl=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The components system is just a mess and that's really suck!

Explorer ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry in advance to be harsh, but I'm tired of trying to figure out why things just don't work as expected. Seriously Adobe, the XD components system doesn't work and, more important, is full of bugs.

Please check out the attached as one of the many examples of things which don't work with the component system. This file contains 2 artboards:

• On the left: an Android screen which is the master component
  • On the right: a screen which uses the Android master component

Check out this right artboard, right click its Android slave component and select "Reset to master". Something suddently appears which is not in the master component.

I spend countless hours on such problems in the component system. This is really a mess and almost unusable in the professionnal environment. Sorry Adobe.

Funny bug: this site refuses to attach a xd file. What a symbol! This file is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lei39174i9xxk9r/this-is-bad.xd?dl=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing the file. I have downloaded the file at my end on my windows machine. I did click on reset to master but I didn't see anything. Could you please share a video where it shows the issue after resetting to master?

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2020 0
romusrx LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika.

Here is a short video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogoasthn19ayq3k/this-is-bad.mov?dl=0

In short: when I reset to master state, 2 icons appears on the right, which are NOT in any state of the master component.

And this is just one single example of all the problems of the XD components system. I've many many more.

Best regards.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2020 0