• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The document "[document name]" could not be saved. Since 2021 updates.

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently (during May) [v40.1.22 on Mac], every time I save a local file i get the message The document "[document name]" could not be saved.

I can Save as but cant save the existing. I can save the same document as a cloud doc but all my prototype links keep breaking and unlink making it hard to get client feedback on the work and keep track of links.

I've even reverted back to the previous version [v40.0.22] but continue to have this issue.

When I revert to before that [v39.0.12] I cant open any documents wether local or cloud because 'This was saved with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.'...

Anyone else? I've uninstalles,  re-installed, reverted, anything I can think of and its a real road block in getting any work done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. Are you trying to save the file to any network folder which is synced locally or you are saving the file locally on your hard drive?
  2. Does saving to a different location solve the issue?
  3. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further investigation it seems to be an issue with Adobe XD not working well with Google Drive (an issue that's come up in the past). 

I can save to my desktop and on any local drives, however if I try save to my Google Drive (synced with File Stream) I get the error - its happening on all my XD files I try this with.

At the moment the only way to work around this is toSave As my file to my desktop, then Save that new file back to the original folder in Google Drive (overriding the original file). However, this means I can no longer use prototypes and link sharing as everytime you Save As the link is removed.

I know Adobe is trying to promote and push everyone to their own Adobe Cloud file system but this just isnt practical in the commercial work force when project files have a particular structure/system and need to be stored allongside one another with files created outside of the Adobe eco system [a.k.a. files that cant be saved with Adobe Cloud] 😞 Adobe is just pushing its customers to other services like Figma even harder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're so sorry for all the trouble. Could you confirm if this has worked previously or it has never worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - I didnt have this particular issue saving to Google Drive until Friday 28th May (2021).

Im also noticing a similar issue trying to save photoshop files the last few days. I dont use PS often but am having errors when I try to save and HAVE to save a new file every time. Because I dont use it often I cant specify when this issue started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines