Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the shadow of component disappeared after share

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://xd.adobe.com/view/fac4e9a8-1379-41c4-a1de-ddf71fb8672c-af97/specs/

In my example, A is the same design as B, but after B was transformed to component and shared, the shadow below B is missing in browser view while the shawdow code still exists in CSS style. 

(for the circle one, the shadow at the bottom of B is trimmed and disappears.)

截圖 2021-07-16 下午12.22.40.png

TOPICS
Missing feature , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started seeing the same thing today. All the box-shadows in my prototypes were suddenly cropped. As in your example, you can see the shadow anywhere there's a curve, but it gets cropped at the primary object's boundaries. That's really bad for corner-radius rectangles.

Within 24 hrs, this is already causing development issues for one of my teams. I had to walk them through ignoring the prototype and relying on the CSS in inspect mode (which is super finicky where component states are involved). To keep the project on track, I had to go back to manually pulling CSS values (which you can't do in the app!!!) and describing interactions with screen recordings. Back to the good ol' days.

This was the last straw for me. I've already convinced one client to jump from XD to Sketch. They're quite happy. I think it's time to move my one and only XD project (unfotunately a very big one I inherited) off this crippled platform. What a disappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm and I'm experiencing the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like it's fixed this morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines