• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The use of Graphic Card for MacBook pro is eating up a ton of battery.

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For MacBook Pro, in Activity, in the Energy Tab, it says Adobe XD is using Graphics card.  I wold have though 3d apps only needs this.  I've never seen another 2d app uses this. 

Is killing the battery and making me shut it down and not want to use XD when i'm not powered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use of the GPU is what makes XD use less battery power. You'll see that Photoshop and Ilustrator also use it.  If you could find a way to disable the GPU it would then use up your batteries quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The use of High Perf graphics card which is indicated in the Activity Monitor indicates it will use more power, not less.  There is no need for them to use it unless their software is severely un-optimized.  Open up any other 2D gfx apps, none of them need to turn on the secondary card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines