• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This new version update has been such a buggy product!!! I can't even open a xd file.

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashes every time I open a file today! I can't even work. Huge performance issue. This latest version is absolutely a pain for me and I can't even use the old version due to compatibility issues. 

TOPICS
Crash on mac , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Good for you - for me Adobe XD used max RAM for 20-30 min and then crash anyway. The only "solution" was to unpublish all libraries created from old cloud files and create new ones for our design system from scratch. But there's a catch, that's why it's "solution" in quotes - after unpublishing all linked components from those old cloud files became unlinked in files where they were used and there is no way to relink them back. Adds a lot of additional work, but at least I can actually do my job

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the loser's club! The only help you will get here is a request to collect logs and send them your XD files (they asked me the same here). I could not wait and just started our design system library from scratch in new cloud files (yes, it's huge so it's not only one file) - almost finished now after a week of unnecessary work. Now all our old designs are "read only" because I had to unpublish a library to be able to open them again, but it unlinked all components so they are useless now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg, this is painful. I am considering switching to Figma. I was absolutely disappointed with Adobe XD. Why it can't be as stable and reliable as other Adobe family.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's great if Figma works for you, but it's a web app (even when installed locally on Windows it's still is) and I remember, how Windows changed how pen input works and I was not able to use any web app with my Surface Pen - and I couldn't for about half a year or more. Now it works, but I'm not sure I'm willing to invest my time into it just to be unable to use it because of some third-party updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since the last update. I literally have to wait 20 mins and not touch XD in order for a file to open and be able to interact with it. For that time, my CPU and memory max out! (Win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you - for me Adobe XD used max RAM for 20-30 min and then crash anyway. The only "solution" was to unpublish all libraries created from old cloud files and create new ones for our design system from scratch. But there's a catch, that's why it's "solution" in quotes - after unpublishing all linked components from those old cloud files became unlinked in files where they were used and there is no way to relink them back. Adds a lot of additional work, but at least I can actually do my job.

Also, I used this opportunity to reduce the overall number of components and their states in our design system, because now (finally) Adobe XD have no issues with overrides in nested components - hope it will help Adobe XD not to max out on PC resources and crash in the future.

As of now there are three solution for people having issues with opening files: wait for the fix for unknown amount of time, start from scratch in Adobe XD, strat from scratch in an alternative product. For now I've chosen to start from skratch in XD - it's the second time already, last time it was a year ago after the same problems of maxing out on PC resources. There won't be the third time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe - my team is having the same issue.  Many of the files do open.  But since the update, one older file just will not open for open (it was shared across users with the cloud sharing options).  Everyone updated to the latest Adobe XD.  And neither the original creator, nor anyone this was shared with, can open the file.  The messages says this is an older file and then Adobe just closes automatically.  Very frustrated - what can we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines