• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with horizontal/vertical lines in developer share mode

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table with vertical and horizontal lines. These lines are on top of the table headers (layer-wise). When I group all the lines together and share in development mode, you cannot click on the underlying table headers to see their properties. When you ungroup the lines you can then click the table headers, but cannot hover on the lines to see spacing details between other elements on the screen. 

Has anyone else run into this issue? Am I ordering my layers wrong in some way? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

I can imagine a bit what you're running into, and I'm afraid it's a bit of a "you can't have your cake and eat it" situation. While it might be interesting and obvious for your human view to see the metric relation between certain elements, the system only sees a bunch of elements, vaguely grouped or separated from eachother. The specs of the construction of groups and grids can't be retained in the preview, while wanting to be able to select and specify them individually.

Something like an is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year! Can you share screen capture for more visualisation of a problem: Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can imagine a bit what you're running into, and I'm afraid it's a bit of a "you can't have your cake and eat it" situation. While it might be interesting and obvious for your human view to see the metric relation between certain elements, the system only sees a bunch of elements, vaguely grouped or separated from eachother. The specs of the construction of groups and grids can't be retained in the preview, while wanting to be able to select and specify them individually.

Something like an isolation mode (as in the Design workspace) might be helpful, but that's not yet inplemented in the previews. Sounds like a good feature request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com

In the meantime, try desigining a separate artboard with helpful indications and specs, to give developer more or better insights in your intended sizes and distances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines