• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I updated the Adobe XD to the latest version and the program does not even open. Just a blank white screen is opening.

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amith.in,

I apologize for the frustrating experience. I understand that it could be annoying. I'd suggest trying the steps mentioned in this help document: Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows and restart the machine after trying solution1.

If that doesn't work for you, could you please share the OS and XD version of your machine?

We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a chat with one of the support executive. She managed to solve the issue by removing all c++ distro, cleaning temps and cc cleaner adobe tool. It works for now. In the link you shared I think solution 4 is what used here. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear that you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I haven't encountered this problem until I started using XD at work. I have never had a problem with the program at home.
It's about the 4th or 5th time when Adobe XD wont open at all. I've seen the other forums describing the same problem: open PC, open Creative Cloud, open XD - get a white screen for a few seconds than the program just shuts down.

So far I solved this by uninstalling it, deleting the temporary files from my PC and restarting the computer. But I don't want to do this every week or so. I am asking about the reason this actually happens since:
-XD is updated
-PC is updated
-Windows 10 Pro running

What can I do to avoid this in the future?

With gratitude,
Teona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to follow this guide made available by Adobe? Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again and thank you for your support!

After looking thoughout the 4 solutions listed in the document, I was a little skeptical on my technical skills so editing files in the system folder was not my favorite option. I have encountered the 4th option before, and was already tired of uninstalling the program.

After some moments of thought, I decided simply restarting the PC once or twice, untill everything turned alright. Maybe the last updates had some contibution to this issue.

Thank you again for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're glad that you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do try the solution in the doc shared by Italo and let us know if you still need assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are using creative cloud and have just installed XD on a windows 10 Version 1809, 64bit. When starting XD either via creative cloud or via the windows menu it shows a white screen and crashes. The solution we found here under

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/after-launch-adobe-xd-shows-white-screen-and-crashes.html

does not work - the access rights are already correctly set. The windows error code is 0xc000027b / error modul twinapi.appcore.dll / XD CC.exe

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thank you

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the initial troubleshooting procedures and letting us know. Can you try the solution in XD Opens with white screen and immediately closes​ and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Preran,

thank you - just tried this - and it worked. 

Best Regards

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know. Glad to hear that you are all set.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied several troubleshooting for this problem but XD still could not be open.

The error of crash was below. Please give me some help.

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 16.0.2.8, time stamp: 0x5c52eba9

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.137, time stamp: 0xb5d50228

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009cad5

Faulting process id: 0x3970

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d618b1f83a1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_16.0.2.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: d9308342-47ca-48f4-9756-9bb80b049f52

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_16.0.2.8_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shinichis,

Sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD as its crashing with after the white screen. Could you please try the steps mentioned here: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this measure but it could not work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shinichis, as you have tried the steps mentioned in this link and this issue still persists, I would request you to raise a ticket with our support team. Please go to www.adobe.com, then go to "Support" tab and click on the Contact support button after signing in to www.adobe.com. After that, follow the onscreen instructions in the chat windows on the bottom right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same issue. It is down right outrages that Adobe want people to mess around in Windows registry to solve this. I'm lost for words! XD must be the most troubled product I have ever used from the Adobe suite. I'm chocked it's not taken off market cause with all the serious issues it hurts the credibility of Adobe on a serious level. Edit registry files in Windows - it's amazing. We have two operating systems and Adobe never bother to actually test the software consistently on any of them cause there's always the customers job til report all the issues, if Adobe had actually used the product themselves they would have discovered errors themselves as well instead of laying this responsibility on their users. Jisses Adobe. Editing the registry files in Windows to get XD going - c'mon really??!!

Do you expect any user to do edit this code and engineer themselves to a possible solution?!

Error: Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd598

Faulting process id: 0x251c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af56ad394b61

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: ba9d5bef-e4cf-4750-8246-2c367f5c5ea9

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perrybrus,

Sorry that you encountered this error. For this specific issue, we just have to check the faulty module path, and if its twinapi.appcore.dll then, we have to try the steps mentioned here: Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows. Attached is the screenshot from this article.

I understand this could be frustrating for you to troubleshooting these error while working. However, I would really appreciate your patience with it.

Hope this helps, please let us know the OS build which you are using in case you are unable to fix this error by these steps.

Thanks.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've restarted my PC, and also tried the delete registry key fix but those solutions don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be sure, did you follow the solution in XD shows blank white screen ? Are you on the latest version of Adobe XD? If your answer is yes to both these questions, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number along with a link to this forum post over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Sorry for my English.

So, I have my Adobe XD force close after few second. I've tried and follow the instruction in this thread and related link in here. But no luck for almost 3 days. And yesterday I read some post on reddit says that Adobe XD cannot run (white screen then close) if Microsoft Store is corrupted. And right, my Ms Store is corrupted (same as XD, force close after few second), so Adobe XD cannot run if Microsft Store corrupted ?.
Can you please make Adobe XD can run even when Microsotf Store is corrupted ? Because my Ms Store is often get corrupted after updated Windows. This is the second time this year that my Windows App get corrupted (Store and Win Photos). The second one i get lucky because I can fix Microsoft Store by reinstall app via Powershell. But the first one i have to fresh install Windows. I don't want to reinstall Windows again in future if Ms Store corrupted so i cannot open Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines