TROUBLESHOOTING: Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions in Part One (below)

Part One:

Part two:

If the faulting module path in Event Viewer points to UI.XAML.DLL filethe team is investigating this issue and we are hoping for the fix to be addressed in an update soon. If you have another computer handy, especially a Mac, you could try installing XD on it until then.

Just in case you aren’t comfortable performing these procedure on your own, you can contact Adobe Tech Support using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button on the page to get started.

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020
I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums. If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html...

translate

Translate

Translate
replies 356 Replies 356
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried all of these solutions, yet none seem to work. Adobe XD keeps crashing on my computer whenever I launch it, showing only a white screen for 1-10 seconds depending on the version. I've tried installing earlier versions, of which version 20 works. Any newer version than that just doens't even launch. 

For school I need to use component states, v.20.1.12 of Adobe XD (which actually works on my computer) doesn't have that. This means I really need to get any version above v.24.0.22 to work. Again, I've tried all of the solutions mentioned above. I've even let someone, who's handier with computers than me, try these solutions, but still nothing works. I'm also not sure if it doesn't launch because of a certain Windows update or my AMD Ryzen 7 processor, since Adobe XD actually worked some time ago. This just keeps becoming more and more frustrating since my deadline is within 10 days and I still need to get a lot of work done.

Lastly, I don't understand why this problem is marked as "SOLVED", since several people seem to be still having this issue.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried these solutions:

Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows

So please, don't send me to that page.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm actually experiencing the same problem in Adobe XD and Windows 10 since W10 20H1. Adoxe XD is crashing on startup. However it's happening only on my desktop ! My laptop that has the same update is working like a charm. So I've managed to find a patch when you're experiencing the crash. 

Disconnect your windows session > then log again 

Another thing, if you click on your winodws search bar does it keep turning ? Like I'm searching but nothing comes up ?

I think the problem doesn't come from Adobe but from Windows account. 

Let me know if it works for you too!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this adobe XD is a real disgrace, it doesn't work, it crashes all the time, it sucks, in Windowns it doesn't work properly, Figma even works on a calculator, Adobe is rubbish.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This has been a mess on windows for over a year now, and still it can't open files reliably. A total disgrace.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this issue not solved yet? 

Been around this the entire day, trying to get Adobe XD to work and I just can't. 

How is it possible that an issue is open, or without a fully working solution for way more than a year?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines