• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.ā€‹ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay. We need some additional logs to triage this issue so please enable crash dump by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

Once the crash dump has been enabled, please re-launch XD and once it crashes, please collect the logs from this location: %LocalAppData%/crashdumps.

Please add the logs to a text file and share it through DM.

Note: While sending a DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I've just installed XD on Windows 10 to use for the first time ever, but upon launching,I only get a full white window with the XD logo in the middle...nothing else happens. I currently run Creatice Cloud and use Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere with no problems, but XD is not happening for me.

XD fail.JPG

I have tried the basic like reboot, re-install, and also attempted solutions here (https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html) but they didn't help, or came to instructions that didn't seem to corelate to my machine. 

Would love to start using XD.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while launching XD. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w... and see if that helps? If it doesn't, please share the OS and XD version of your machine. 

You may also try uninstalling and reinstalling XD.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I tried launching XD and all I get is a white screen that stays open for about 30 seconds before closing. No error or no info. There was an update available so I downloaded it hoping the issue would be fixed but it's doing the same thing.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Any ideas?

Running Windows 10 Home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PATHETIC - FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the team is investigating this issue and we are hoping for the fix to be addressed in an update soon. If you have another computer handy, especially a Mac, you could try installing XD on it until then." HAHAHHAH WHAT A FUUKCING JOKE - yes if you have 3 grand to spare, maybe buy a mac you poor plebs, then you can do "real design" work!!! LMAO How utterly insulting, I use a mac at work and I use a more powerful PC at home, becuase i refuse to pay for a fashion label on my computing devices - no other software i have ever used on winodws is as buggy, pathetic and crashy as XD is- almsotr 12 Motnhs fuucking later & with almost daily fuucking updates and you miserable hacks still cant get this program to wrok on windows?! F U, im switching to figma as soon as i can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

XD is not opening up after I udated it. It just shows the launch screen.

Please look into.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above instructions are not resolving our issues. All of our WIndows users are not able to work right now. Can you please give a workaround or resolution asap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've tried all of these solutions, yet none seem to work. Adobe XD keeps crashing on my computer whenever I launch it, showing only a white screen for 1-10 seconds depending on the version. I've tried installing earlier versions, of which version 20 works. Any newer version than that just doens't even launch. 

For school I need to use component states, v.20.1.12 of Adobe XD (which actually works on my computer) doesn't have that. This means I really need to get any version above v.24.0.22 to work. Again, I've tried all of the solutions mentioned above. I've even let someone, who's handier with computers than me, try these solutions, but still nothing works. I'm also not sure if it doesn't launch because of a certain Windows update or my AMD Ryzen 7 processor, since Adobe XD actually worked some time ago. This just keeps becoming more and more frustrating since my deadline is within 10 days and I still need to get a lot of work done.

Lastly, I don't understand why this problem is marked as "SOLVED", since several people seem to be still having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried these solutions:

Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows

So please, don't send me to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm actually experiencing the same problem in Adobe XD and Windows 10 since W10 20H1. Adoxe XD is crashing on startup. However it's happening only on my desktop ! My laptop that has the same update is working like a charm. So I've managed to find a patch when you're experiencing the crash. 

Disconnect your windows session > then log again 

Another thing, if you click on your winodws search bar does it keep turning ? Like I'm searching but nothing comes up ?

I think the problem doesn't come from Adobe but from Windows account. 

Let me know if it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this adobe XD is a real disgrace, it doesn't work, it crashes all the time, it sucks, in Windowns it doesn't work properly, Figma even works on a calculator, Adobe is rubbish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This has been a mess on windows for over a year now, and still it can't open files reliably. A total disgrace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this issue not solved yet? 

Been around this the entire day, trying to get Adobe XD to work and I just can't. 

How is it possible that an issue is open, or without a fully working solution for way more than a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello everyone, I have a problem with adobe xd, It doesn't work, I'm trying to open it about 4 or 5 hours ago, It starts with the white screen and stays for about 30 seconds and then it closes automatically, I uninstalled it from the creative cloud and install it again and it shows the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Preran could you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the delay in response. We would like to know if you are still experiencing the issue. If yes, please share the XD and the OS version of your machine. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello XD version is 40.0.22.12 and Window 10 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 - 1065G7 RAM 16 GB

Facing same issue XD is crashing in every 5 min from many days. Not able to work at all Please Priovide a solution for the same. My work is hampering 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologize for the delay in response. We would like to know if you are still experiencing the issue. If yes, please share the XD and the OS version of your machine. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS build : 19042.928

XD version : 40.0.22

The problem was ended last time but now I'm facing the same problem and I really have too much work to finish so please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also on 1803, the recent XD update completely won't allow me to launch XD. I can't work like this. It just prompts a white window and crashes immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched to a new discussion.

Hi Alexander,

As you have mentioned that you are unable to launch Adobe XD on Windows 10, v1803, it just gives you a white window before crashing.

I would request you to share the following details,

1. Version of Adobe XD
  2. Video or GIF capturing the issue (optional)

In addition to this, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

I have this issue fixed, which the problem doesn't stem from Adobe's side. But hopefully that the Adobe team would escalate this to the Microsoft Windows team to have them addressed the issue as well. Else, they may just sit on this problem like it didn't exist and that would create headaches for you guys at Adobe XD.

But to answer your questions:

1. Running the latest Adobe XD, version 9.0.12.19
  2. Windows 10 (1803)
  3. I do not have the recording of the issue unfortunately

Here's what happened for most of the people who had this issue:

• The user needs to be on Windows 10, version 1803 and
  • already has the most recent KB4283835 installed (this update is the cause)
  • All Windows Apps would no longer function, launching it would only see a brief window and it crashes
  • This applies to Adobe XD as it is a Windows App, instead of the usual x64 desktop app
  • The KB4283835 update would cause your Windows login credentials and app manifests to be corrupted, rendering all Windows Apps inaccessible.

Through Microsoft Technical Support, the technician spent almost 6 hours troubleshooting and finding a workaround for me instead of a total system wipe and reformat. He was able to fix the problem, albeit it may not be the best solution.

What he did that fixed my problem:

1. Uninstalled the KB4283835 update
  2. Purged and reset all Windows App cache
  3. Started a new Windows account
  4. Sign in to the account and let it setup
  5. Restarted the machine
  6. Sign into new account, test whether the apps are working, yes they work
  7. Transferred all my personal files and settings from old Windows account to the new account

The above is roughly what he discovered can be done after many hours of troubleshooting. It isn't the best way, as this issue shouldn't have happened. The KB4283835 update was bad. Rollbacks or system restore won't do anything, as the update had some kernel changes also as I was told. But this solution had me avoiding a total reformat of my machine and re-setup everything. I just needed to relogin to a few items when he was done. My Adobe XD is now working, I stopped the KB4283835 update from installing for now.

To Atul, please raise this issue to the Windows team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines