• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of XD as local Administrator on Win10.

XD launches normally while logged-in as local Admin.

When I log-in as end user, who is a domain user and member of LocalAdmin, XD freezes on the initial splash screen that displays.

Are there any suggestions on how to isolate why it freezes for the specific user?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD crashes on Win10 - After two years of dissapoinments I gave up on it. I don't recomend my students or friends using this annoing useless time consumer heart breaker software. i broke free of tring to fix this sh***!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved this Issue: Don't Close the Adobe CC in the background.
It must be opened even if you are working locally and not saving your file to the cloud.

*I'm sorry about my frustration above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola a todos. No me abre XD. Parece que lo abre...y de repente, se pone en blanco y se cierra! Alguna solucion ??? Gracias.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening Adobe XD. We would request you to please try the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w... and let us know if that helps.

We are here to help you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using trial version on Adobe xd and now upgraded to license version  by using 9 month redemption code given by Coursera.. It was working fine in the trial but after getting license  it stopped working.

when i try to open it give white screen for a sec and then disappear. I tried to reinstall several time. Restarted computer many times.

windows 10

Processor: Intel (R)Core (TM)i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHZ 2.90 GHZ

16 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/troubleshooting-adobe-xd-crashes-white-screen-on-launch-on-w... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did all the steps but still not working. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi neha,

Would you mind sharing which operating system and version are you using?

Can you also briefly describe which troubleshooting steps didn't work for you, OR, confirm if AdobeXD was working fine before but allof a sudden the problem manifested after recent updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha,
I was facing same issue a while ago, even I tried reinstalling and regedit nothing worked. I also had issues in file explorer like when I try to view the images it was take lot of time, so I ran a window memory diagnose. After following these steps (http://hs.windows.microsoft.com/hhweb/content/m-en-us/p-6.2/id-4edd5f80-def2-4d32-965c-116d49fb9872/) in the like my XD problem was also fixed. If you are having same issues you can try this solution, hope it works.
Regards,
Swapna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory diagnostic tool does not make any changes to your computer therefore wont fix anything. It will tell you if there is a problem with your memory modules and if you need new ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 2021 still the same problem which by the way it's became much more present and frequent with the last update or the one before.  Today is happened 3 times in almost 2 hours, just a pain.

It's just a pain work in this condition. You are on your file when suddenly Adobe Xd get stuck, the only thing you can do is access to the File menu, click Save and hope for the best. 

Then you open the Task Manager, thinking to find Adobe Xd stuck, but it's not, it's working but it's just frozen, then after a while it crash with Win10 passing the usual system error. 
Then when you open Adobe Xd, you have a copy of your original file and finger cross that everything is saved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, please tell me someone how can i solve this. Adove XD crush. please check this screen short. https://prnt.sc/1l7pbk7 

thanks.download.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after trying all these steps I still had the issue... One year later, I just updated my Microsoft SQL Server and it fixed the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I can't launch Adobe XD. When I open it, it gets stuck on the white loading screen with the XD logo in the middle. 

I am using Adobe XD version 47.0.22 on Windows 10.

So far I have tried:

• Updating my graphics driver.
  • Restarting computer.
  • Unistalling and reinstalling Adobe XD. 
  • Signing out of CC and back in again. 
  • Opening XD only while CC is no running.

I am really stuck with what to do.. any ideas please?

<Title renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - exactly the same problem here also.  And yeah, tried all the suggest steps of updating all drivers, uninstalliong/ reinstalling both XD and CC, rebooting etc etc

Gonna be a sh**ty day trying to meet Tuesday's (tomorrow) deadline... yay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi default7f2sa46l7ibq,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to open XD 47 on windows 10 machine. We would request you to please share the requested logs and crash dumps asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/unable-to-open-xd-47-on-new-windows-laptop/m-p/1... with me over a private message so that we can investigate at our end.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

Thank you for the response. I have managed to get the a copy of the error log although couldn't figure out how to get the crash dumps. 

I will send you a link to the logs. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. I have also shared the steps for "Crash Dump" over a private message. Please check if you're able to fetch the logs which will be helpful for our team to investigate.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am facing the same issue, can you please share the solution for this ?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain228042626anx,

We are sorry for the trouble. We are trying to investigate the issue. Could you please try launching XD on older version of XD 45.1 and confirm it's crashing? We need to check if it's crashing on XD 47 only.

If the program crashes only on XD47 version, then please share the requested logs so that we can share the details with our engg, team to investigate the issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

It is also crashing on the older version 45.1 , kindly advise, I have the
full suite and nothing is crashing but XD. PS, AE, AI, PR, DW all are
operational. only XD crashes

Thank you
ALAIN HOBEIKA
<Personal info removed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines