• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for the sake of letting folks know what resolution worked for me, I checked Event Viewer and noticed twinapi.appcore.dll so first trying reinstall via Adobe XD Cloud app which didn't work, following those instructions did.

Lovely; looking forward to seeing what XD has and if my team might usefully start using it instead of our existing mish-mash of preferred apps.

One small note: I wasn't sure what apps to shut down on that step that says to kill all related processes... which actually need to be shut down and how do I know what the related processes are? Could that be clarified for folks who aren't as kill-task-happy as me in future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch. Kill all related processes - this refers to all Adobe XD related processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I also have this issue - uninstalled all the Adobe apps, used the cleaner and after a couple of reboots I tried to install Creative Cloud / Adobe XD again in Windows 10 machine. Program starts with a blank window, closes after 2 seconds. Haven't been able to get it to work. Can someone please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, are you on an official version of Windows 10 that is required to install Adobe XD? See Adobe XD System requirements​ for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Yes - I have an official version of Windows 10 Pro. I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on this device. I have checked the Windows 10 updater and it tells me I have the latest version installed.

Greetings,

Charly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. The quickest way to get in touch with us would be by using this link Contact Customer Care

If you would like to me to raise a support case, please send me the info I requested for in the message marked as correct.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just explain the solution on this post, seems like you're creating a lot of unnecessary duplicated work considering this is one of the top results for a Google search on this issue--which seems prevalent.

I am also having this issue, but I don't feel like going through a support case so I'm going to use marvelapp as a solution (marvelapp.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your approach is bad in my opinion, you should tell your solution to all others...so others can see it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide me with the following info?

1. Open Windows Event Viewer
  2. Go to Windows Logs > Application
  3. Check for Error

Do you see twinapi.appcore.dll listed against the faulting module path?

Error: Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd598

Faulting process id: 0x251c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4af56ad394b61

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report Id: ba9d5bef-e4cf-4750-8246-2c367f5c5ea9

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_14.0.42.14_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue to face this issue, please join this discussion. https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/TROUBLESHOOTING-Adobe-XD-crashes-on-launch-on-Windows-10/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your advice worked Preran ... thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran!

I had this same exact issue on a NEW install of Windows 10 Home with ALL Windows updates installed!

I installed the Adobe XD downloaded from adobe.com and after install, I immediately got the white screen for 3 seconds and then it closes!

What fixed it for me was deleting all %temp% files, or atleast all the ones I could delete and rebooted my computer.

That seems to fix the issue for me! I am now working in Adobe XD for the first time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution here, much appreciate it. This should serve to guide other users that are not served by the solution I previously posted.

Have a wonderful day.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this work for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Update your windows 10. Not reinstall. go to Settings > Update & Security > Check for update. Works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying to use XD for a whole year but it's always crashing, I've installed, resinstalled, deleted temp files, did every solution but nothing has sorted out my problem, here is my event viewer log.

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 20.1.12.4, time stamp: 0x5d0c140f

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17134.799, time stamp: 0x4c4ad50a

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a6552

Faulting process ID: 0x36ac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d534eb9d7a0ae5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report ID: 09172a06-2f8f-4bfc-bedf-0f25a75c5eee

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

XD.exe

5d0c140f

Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

4c4ad50a

c000027b

00000000006a6552

36ac

01d534eb9d7a0ae5

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

09172a06-2f8f-4bfc-bedf-0f25a75c5eee

Adobe.CC.XD_20.1.12.4_x64__adky2gkssdxte

App

I see that my Windows.UI.Xaml.dll is the problem...is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using Adobe XD. Thank you for performing the initial troubleshooting procedure. Could you please confirm if you have performed the solution mentioned in post # 17 as a correct answer to this post?

We'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hi there.

I have performed that, I have narrowed down my issue to

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Someone else had the same faulting module path

Adobe XD crashes  reply 14. "solved that by going to C:\Program Files and make sure that my current Windows user have Full Control with the WindowsApps folder"

This didn't work for me.  Anymore suggestions please?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. To proceed further, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for further investigation.

Please let me know if you face any issue with this. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem as everyone above. I'm on Windows 10 1903. I've tried the uninstall/clean/reinstall remediation and changing the GPU, both with no success. Here's the crash from event viewer. Any help?

XD.exe
5d393c4b
twinapi.appcore.dll
42f071ca
c000027b
00000000000d5cc8
2dbc
01d54e29590901df
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_21.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe
C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll
f3058e3a-b677-4008-95be-344908d3bc12
Adobe.CC.XD_21.2.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte

App

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

We're sorry to hear you are facing trouble using XD and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps and sharing the details. We'd request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Lately, when I open Adobe XD, i get a white screen. After a few seconds the whitescreen dissapears and XD is being closed automatically.

It seems to be like this when I have Updated XD. I have removed and reinstalled the old version but that does not help either.

Does anyone know how to solve?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to follow this guide made available by Adobe? Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines