• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe XD crashes (White screen) on launch on Windows 10 machine

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2019 Sep 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, please try to update XD to the latest version using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ In case that doesn't work, please try solutions mentioned below-

If you still face the issue, please generate logs, Crash dumps and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with HARSHIKA_VERMA.

We will try our best to escalate the issue.

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

I've been told that this is an ongoing issue which has been addressed and that is known with Adobe XD on MS Windows 10.

Even though most of the troubleshooting tips are inclined to instruct the users to perform an update of XD to its latest version and/or a simple restart of their system to fix it, I am more inclined to suuport the other users who have exhausted all other tips available in the forums.

If we look the Adobe XD Release Notes, system requirements https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Hi There,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD.We would like to know a few more details  like-

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Win OS build which you are using(Type run in search tab present taskbar and type winver inside run: share the screenshot of it).
  3. The version of creative cloud.
  4. The version of Graphic driver(type dxdiag on Windows search and select the Display tab)
  5. Are you getting any blank screen while opening XD.
  6. Is it possible to share

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 495 Replies 495
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Thank you so much for the detailed description and your efforts. I would certainly share your feedback and description with the team. It is going to be a great help for future visitors as well.

Thank you once again.

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am a UX/UI professional. This is not Microsoft's problem, Adobe needs to adjust to the OS. The OS doesn't adjust to the software. I personally find that backwards. Adobe needs to communicate with MS to fix this issue, and until it's fixed should give some money back to everyone that is not receiving full service as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in windows version 1809
Adobe XD Version 14

Adobe XD has been working fine up until yesterday. It just started crashing on startup, white window and immediate crash. Spent all day trying different things from different blogs even this one and to no avail. This is very frustrating it's never done this before.

I don't know what the cause is but my whole agency has slowly been moving from Photoshop to Adobe XD for creating things for our clients, and its very worrisome if its gonna happen to every one of our computers and I don't see Adobe doing anything about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emanuelm & DBurnett, sorry that you are unable to use Adobe XD, could you please try the steps mentioned here: - Adobe XD shows white screen after launch and crashes on Windows and update this discussion with the results.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul

Thank you for taking your time to answer. Unfortunately I have already tried that twice (just to make sure i got the steps right) and there were no results. I could update the discussion with screenshots of the steps (maybe I missed something?) later in the day when I get back home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emanuelm, it appears that you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, I would request you to get in touch with our support team for 1:1 assistance on this case. Please use this link to contact our support team: - Contact Customer Care.

Please let us know in case you need any other help.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you continue facing this issue with XD, please join our discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/TROUBLESHOOTING-Adobe-XD-crashes-on-launch-on-Windows-10/td-...

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just updated the Adobe XD and it keeps crashing (suddenly closed). It really slows me down to finish my work.

I found this in my Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: XD CC.exe, version: 8.0.22.11, time stamp: 0x5aebc274

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.402, time stamp: 0xd826f10d

Exception code: 0xc0000008

Fault offset: 0x00000000000a406a

Faulting process id: 0x2e7c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f7f03410c700

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_8.0.22.11_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD CC.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 66b190a7-720e-4ba5-b96b-9ea93a4138ed

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_8.0.22.11_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I am using Windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431) with Intel GPU with driver version 20.19.15.4624 (with date: 8th March, 2017) with DDI version 12.

Is there any fix or workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologize for your experience. Can you check if all your graphic drivers have been updated by visiting the manufacturer's site?

If everything looks fine, send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I reinstall the graphic drivers and it is working smoothly now.

Thanks for your answer and great support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Since today, for no apparent reason, Adobe XD keeps crashing as soon as I open it.

It is the only app where that happens.

I've already uninstalled and installed back, issue remains.

Here is a quick GIF of the issue https://imgur.com/ESHl6Yk

If I open a XD file directly, the same happens but I get this error in the end (print https://i.imgur.com/ycKWEaz.png 😞

File system error (-2147219196).

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (64bit)
v1803 Build 17661.1001

CPU: Intel i7 2600k

GPU: Nvidia GForce GTX 960 2GB

RAM: 16GB

DISK: 256GB SSD / 1TB HDD / 512GB HDD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Apintocr,

From what I know, Adobe XD is not tested on the Beta builds of OS. I am guessing that the Insider Preview version is more of a prerelease build used for testing purposes.Let me know if I am mistaken in my assumptions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Preran,

You are correct, Insider Builds are beta releases of the OS.

I understand that the software is not tested using beta builds of the OS.

I'm convinced this is not related to the version of the OS as I've checked the Insiders Hub community and found no similar reports, this is also the only app I'm having problems with.

I understand we might not find a solution if the issue is OS related.

Can you try to help me find the issue?

Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have heard of other issues that are related to the Beta build, and the only solution we have is to use Adobe XD on the latest official version of Windows.

I will check with the product team to see if they have anything to add.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Preran.

I'm in the same boat...

When I launch XD, this blank window opens and disappears very quickly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to rollback your Insider build to the previous version.

I believe it has to do with the new Sets feature.

However I did disabled the Sets feature and the issue remains.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, I got another PC with an old 1709 Windows 10 Pro build and I can work with XD on it.

Likeyou, I tried to remove the Sets feature and also to exclude XD from the Tabs mode : same punition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I've tried to rollback to a previous Insider Build and the issue got fixed.

To further test, I upgraded again to the latest insider build of Windows and it didn't work again (crashing).

I guess it was some issue on the latest build, probably related with the Sets feature.

Thank you very much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same new build of Windows, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Build today (17672.100), same problem

The only difference seems that the loading time is longer before the crash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By crash, you mean it just closes and no error messages right? I'm on the (17672.100) and facing same issues.

Hopefully there's a fix which doesn't require me to reinstall a stable release of windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a crash without any error or warning.

I also hope there will be a fix very soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New build today (17677.100) : some progress...

You can launch XD and use it but it crashes after 1 minute...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which is more retarded microsoft making a os like windows 10 or adobe programming there new apps in the universal app format so no one with windows 7 can use them, and every release of 10 breaks them.

Edit:  windows 10 17623 xd flashes a white screen when trying to start then closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines