Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typography jumps up/down in browser prototype when auto-animate is used

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Prototypes + Auto Animate has always worked fine for me but for at least a month I've been seeing this very odd behaviour when viewing a prototype in the browser. I thought it must be a bug but I haven't seen anyone else report it!

Basically if I use my prototype link in browser and click something that triggers Auto Animate between two Artboards most of the time, if not always, text will jump up and back down before resting in the correct position. This includes text that does not move/animate at all.

This has occurred on several projects/various XD files and when different fonts. Also the same on different Artboard sizes (desktop + mobile) and have checked the the prototype is displayed at 100%

Attached a 10-12 second MOV showing the issue. Example shows the 'Auto Animate' between two Artboards, the same dimensions, with text in the same position in both.

Nothing has changed in the way I animate between two Artboards for well over a year. So I'm struggling to figure out what's going on. Only thing I can think of is something to do with Stacks/Padding feature?

OS: Mac OS Big Sur (but issue occuered before upgrade as well)
XD: 35.1.12.5

TOPICS
Design , How to , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry for the late responce and the inconvenience you are facing. I understand the problem you are saying  and we have a bug logged for it. I assure you that we are prioritizing on this issue. Untill then there is a workaround that you could change the text type to autowidth or fixed size. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's worth adding, this issue never happens locally when previewing. Only in the online/browser preview!

Tested on Mac Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Same issue on all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced this same issue as of late. I've also notice the text jump glitch when hovering over a component that incudes text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the late responce and the inconvenience you are facing. I understand the problem you are saying  and we have a bug logged for it. I assure you that we are prioritizing on this issue. Untill then there is a workaround that you could change the text type to autowidth or fixed size. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to bulk apply Fixed Size to all text fields? That would alleviate my issue at the moment, although I'll probably have to fix some of the text fields afterward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I know this issue is from 2020 but I'm STILL experiencing it.

Did anyone find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still there unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the same issue when using auto-animate for a hide-and-show menu. It didn't improve with autowidth or fixed size. What actually worked for me was changing the action type to "transition", with animation "none". Hope it will help somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines