Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI design not increasing th dimension when exported from 1x to 2x/3x

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All! I am a UI/UX designer.

When I design in XD for an ios app at 1x (375pt × 812pt) and export it to 3x (1125px × 2436px ), I expect the exported image (PNG or JPEG) to have 2 times the resolution. Correct me if I am wrong! Whereas, this never happens. In fact, the 1x becomes 1/3rd in terms of quality (125px × 271px)  as you can see in these 2 test images :

exported at 1x - 125x271 pxexported at 1x - 125x271 pxexported at 3x - 375x812 pxexported at 3x - 375x812 px

Point is that een after exporting at 3x I am getting the resolution same as what i imported as 1x , even worse than that.

Please suggest a fix in which i could get 3 times the resolution at 3x when i design at 1x.

Thank you!

Shivam Rai

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Hello, Shivam. You are not the only one confused by the export settings 🙂

Please check out this thread from a few days ago:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-export-to-super-low-quiality/m-p/11381021

To fix your issue, on the export window, simply select the iOS export option, and under it, where it says "Designed at", set that to 1x.

Cheers! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Shivam. You are not the only one confused by the export settings 🙂

Please check out this thread from a few days ago:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/xd-export-to-super-low-quiality/m-p/11381021

To fix your issue, on the export window, simply select the iOS export option, and under it, where it says "Designed at", set that to 1x.

Cheers! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can suggest you to import in XD high resolution file and scale it as mush as you need in your design and then export at 1x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh man! it was so simple! Thanks a lot. You saved me big time 🙂

Cheers buddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines