• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Kit's Dp unit scaling across multiple devices

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an urgent question. I've developed my Android UI for a 1080*1920 xxhdpi Google Pixel. (since we perceived the user base won't be using old phones) I've used the "Sharing for Developers" feature to share the prototype. Selected the "dp" unit option for the developer. Incidentally, the font size of the "Heading" i.e. "72 pt" is exactly the same in display pixel units, i.e. "72 dp".

Now, we urgently need to develop a mpdi version too. Would we need to scale the "72 pts" down to "24 pt" to achieve the "24 dp" on a 360*640 artboard? Would "24 pt" be same as "24 dp" in XD and for Android Studio? I've heard the Adobe XD uses a: " a virtual pixel for most of its measurements (including font size), which should be the same unit of measure as a CSS pixel, or most measurements in iOS."

I can develop the XD Android Default 360*640 UI Kit too, just need to clarify my concepts to avoid this issue in the future. Thanks in advance!

Helpful Link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/which-unit-does-adobe-xd-use-for-pixel-sizing/td-p/8228778?p...

TOPICS
Design , How to , Import and export , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?