Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Kits do not install and the Get UI Kits option does not work

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all,

I've just installed the latest version of Experience Design CC Beta.

I’d like to start designing, however I’ve run into the following problem – the UI Kits do not seem to have installed.

I have the Get UI Kits option in the menu, however clicking on any of the options (Apple, Google, Windows) does not produce any effect.

I tried re-installing the app several times, but to no avail.

Is this a known issue?

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if this is the same issue, but can you have a look at the reply from Peter in this forum post import ui kits question and let us know?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Preran,

Thank you for answering.

It's not quite the same issue - my problem is that when I select any of the kits (Apple, Google or Windows) I get no files at all. The file menu simpy closes and nothing gets downloaded.

Thank you,

Szymon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu should take you to webpages to download the UI Kits here are the links it sends me to (which work for me in the USA):

Apple iOS

Google Material

Microsoft Windows

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dan,

Yes, I finally got it to work - it turned out to be an issue with the external firewall.

This makes this issue resolved. I still have a problem with the UI kits not really installing - even after downloading and running them I still don't get the Open UI Kit option, just the Get one. However, this is covered by the discussion Preran linked me to.

Thanks both.

Szymon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szymon,

I have the same issue. Could you please tell me in brief how to replace the "Get UI Kits" option with "Open UI Kits". It just doesn't seem to go! Is there a specific installation folder for it. Or some kind of update! I have been going crazy over the internet for the solution.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Open UI Kits option. You download the UI Kits directly from their source, and then use File > Open to open them.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, with XD CC it's easy to find. I'm still not able to find it... it's locked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do to you fix the issue by external firewall thing can u you please ellaborate , im also facing same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would look at interaction why would we go to webpages if we already have downloaded them you can simply open the file for that .?

You cant give excuse like this cause its works on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be a feature that will save a list of UI kits. Essentially, bookmarks for XD files so we don't have to look around our file system just to get to the UI kit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or it should let us choose a designated folder that it can recursively search through to look for XD files and add those to the UI kit menu in the hamburger menu. It would drastically speed up the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But still don't have an option for Open UI kit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty crappy. You sold us the idea that the UI kits were installed. The training videos show a "Open UI kits" option...not a "Get Ui kits"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is still a rapidly developing app. Expect things to change as they add new features and refine existing ones. You can still get the UI Kits, it's just a little different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after choosing kit, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same opinion here.

It will be a lot easier if I have installed and just access it on the menu like the training videos. I'll have to look for the files every time I want to open the kits. Hopefully they will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way they build it is just insanely stupid... I use XD CC and if I want to select the UI i have to select XD CC but they set that app to restricted so you cant even ....... access it!?! like bro, r u serious. dat stupid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I'm facing the same problem can please help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get UI Kits is just a collection of URL links. You can just Google them, but which file are you after...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_11.png

 After downloading, still I can't open them from here (pic). Don't have OPEN UI Kit menu option even Adobe Xd at my computer is up to date as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me either....extremely frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines