• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Kits - Should all of the content on the WindowsUI.xd kit artboards be grouped?

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the WindowsUI.xd file and none of the form elements are selectable unless I ungroup them from within multiple groups. It took 3 successive ungrouping steps in order to use just one of the elements.

Is this the way these Windows UI kit is supposed to be bundled? This doesn't seem to be an issue with the wireframe or the Material Design UI kits?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

I think that's how the UI Kit is designed, or maybe it was converted from some other software due to which this kind of group has formed. However, you use Command (Mac)  or CTRL (Windows) key to select the individual layer in a group and open the XD layers panel. It will help understand the groups in the XD file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's how the UI Kit is designed, or maybe it was converted from some other software due to which this kind of group has formed. However, you use Command (Mac)  or CTRL (Windows) key to select the individual layer in a group and open the XD layers panel. It will help understand the groups in the XD file. 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the ability to use CTRL/CMD work great when you only need a single element but for those that themselves are grouped, like the TreeView lists and such, this won't capture the entire group.

I have used the Ctrl-Shift-G to increasingly ungroup the individual artboards down to the level I need and just saved my own version of the xd file. I didn't know if there was some functional reason for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went through the windows kit, and as per my understanding, there is no functional reason for it.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines