• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to adjust the size of the artboard as per the design in XD (22.7v)

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a head-shaker for me. If I'm attempting to change the artboard width by dragging one of the horizontal control points, and I add the Option key to the mix, obviously wanting to scale from the center rather than one of the L/R edges, it seems clear to me that the elements within the artboard should also remain centered. Alas, that is not the case - they remain anchored from the 0,0 (left edge) origin point, even though I can already scale the artboard in that way (relative to its contents) without the Option key. 

Please change this behavior, it currently defies logic as far as I can tell. Sure, you *might* want to center-scale an artboard relative to other artboards on your canvas (continuing to have the contents anchor to 0,0), but that just isn't as likely to be what a creator is trying to do with Option held down. Right now I'm going to have to manually move all of those elements AND my guides in order to change the artboard width - several unnecessary steps.

<The title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add your feature here .https://adobexd.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I realized after posting here that it should go there, and someone already did: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Option-scale-artboard-everything-remains-centered/m-p/106589...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the frustration. If i heard you right, it looks like you are facing the similar issue as mentioned here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33580012-resize-ar... If yes, we would request you to please try the solution mentioned by Elaine and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I tried that - it attempts to scale various things on the artboard, which isn't at all what I'm trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying the solution and sorry that it didn't work for you. Please submit your feedback on the uservoice so that our team can look into it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines