• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change the font weight.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a font family. and the XD shows all the font weights as regular ( I cant change the font weight) . Other applications seems to work fine with the font. and also XD in mac works fine , but in my windows its showing problem.

Capture.PNG

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you please check if the font-weights are listed as separate fonts in XD? Also please share font details so that we can test it on our end.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here... I installed Quicksand and it showed only 5 regulars no Light or Bold or anything else... I reinstalled the font couple of times but nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Are you able to change the font-weight in any other application?
  3. Have you checked in Adobe XD if the font-weights are listed as separate fonts in Adobe XD instead of showing under the font-weight dropdown?
  4. If nothing works, please share your system logs by following the steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here with the same font on Windows 10. Is a google font i downoad from here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Inter

1. version 31.1.12.13

2. yes, photothosp and illustrator are working.

3. no, it's only show a lot of regular like the image in first post

4. AdobeLogs_20200730_071931_587-win.zip

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am so sorry for the delay in response. Could you please try to install the fonts-weight separately and see if that works. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suggestion for Adobe, boot up a random Windows 10 machine, install any of the fonts shown in any of these 100 posts, doesn't matter if it's a variable font or a non variable font. Open Adobe XD and see the issue, open up Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop etc. and see the issue doesn't persist there.

How difficult should this be? Issues in Adobe software on MacOS are fixed within a few weeks, but Windows bugs are present for years without even anybody trying to fix it. Seriously Adobe needs to get their sh$t together, oh yeah everybody knows what that $ sign means for Adobe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over 2 years later I still have the same problem. Is there a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Deleted User,

We are sorry for the frustration. I assume you're experiencing a similar issue discussed here in the past: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd-discussions/variable-font-issue-in-xd-windows/td-p/11001813

If so, as a workaround, you need to install separate font weights separately. 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines