Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change transition from dissolve

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I recently updated Experience Design to 0.6.20.7 and now some of my screen transitions have a "dissolve" effect even when I have different settings. I have been trying to set them to slide left or slide right without any luck. I have also tried closing Xd and reopening, delete the transitions and reapplying them, and rebuilding the screens.

It seems like any screens I try to modify after the update lose their ability to change the transition.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Hi,

do the artboards have the same size? Only dissolves is possible between two different sized artboards.

If the artboards are the same size please let me know, I am happy to look at the file!

Corrinna

Quality Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Hi everyone.

If you are unable to change transition from anything but "Desolve" it is not because the board sizes are different, but rather because the "blue line" is placed at different heights. The blue line appears at "the fold" when you click the artboard. It controls the view size when you preview your boards.

- Check if the blue lines are set at the same height for the two boards
- If not, change to same height
- You should now be able to choose between all transition types.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do the artboards have the same size? Only dissolves is possible between two different sized artboards.

If the artboards are the same size please let me know, I am happy to look at the file!

Corrinna

Quality Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The artboards are all the same width, but many of their heights vary.

If that is the case, what is weird is that I do have some artboards that successfully transition "slide left" and "slide right" when they are transitioning to artboards of different height.

If you all are only planning to just support the dissolve effect transition when moving between different sized boards, then I can just switch them all to dissolve. I just thought it was weird it was working on some and not others. I tested out what you said with some new artboards and it works as expected. I am guessing if I modify the slides that are still able to do the slide transition to different size boards, that will stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the expected behavior right now. I have a note to make it clearer that it's the only type of transition we support between two differently sized artboards. Please note that if you have a scrolling artboards, we compare the size of the viewports and will honor the set transition if they're the same.

Hope that helps clarify things!

Thanks,

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the fix for me. I had created an artboard that was scrollable and XD didn't default to vertical scrolling in viewport settings. It was still scrolling as expected in document preview so it did't occur to me that the setting was set to 'none'. Once I turned that on and made sure all viewport heights were the same I was able to use other transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Corrinna,

After reading the comments, i'm still having issues with the Animation field being disabled on screens that are the same size. Can you look at my file to let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Dashboard Screen - Sync button link to Sync Screen

Sync Screen - Dashboard button to Dashboard Screen and Activities button to Activities Screen (Animation field is disabled and set to Dissolved)

How can I send my .xd file to you? It is not allowing me to upload it

Thank you,

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Corinna,

I have two artboards of different heights, that both have a viewport height of 640px (and scrolling set to vertical) - these are linked with a transition of "Push Left" - which works.

I have another pair of artboards again of different heights but identical viewport height and scrolling set to vertical - but these two do not respect the transition of "Push Left" - and all artboards are in the same file. Why is there an inconsistency?

The only difference I can tihnk of is that the first two might have been created before the latest XD update, and the second two artboards were created after the update?

Please can you help me understand why there is an issue here?

Thanks,

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, But Some have the same hight and only Dissolve is available and some have different hight and same problem. While some screen have different hight and i work with other transitions. Cant identify what the problem is here.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to change from Desolve to None... and I cannot do it... Others I can but not certain ones? i cant figure out why? frustrating! please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here heights and width the same but can't modify the transition away from dissolve.  Just certain artboards seem affected not sure of the link. even duplicates of same artboard have issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

If you are unable to change transition from anything but "Desolve" it is not because the board sizes are different, but rather because the "blue line" is placed at different heights. The blue line appears at "the fold" when you click the artboard. It controls the view size when you preview your boards.

- Check if the blue lines are set at the same height for the two boards
- If not, change to same height
- You should now be able to choose between all transition types.

Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bjartis87959146 thanks your solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!!! it works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked, the power of the internet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! That did the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you So much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out what you guys did to fix this. Is there a video somewhere? Nothing lines up and I can't get the squiggly line to be straight either. It does it's own thing. Too difficult for newbies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put the blue lines in the same spot for both artboards (which are the same size) and it still won't let me change the animation away from dissolve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me, found out I was placing it 0.1mm wrong and it would not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I also meet the same situation, I use window xd and the animation is disable except dissolve, and I am sure that I have the same size artboard.... is it because it is window version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally, this means your viewport sizes are different sizes. Windows or Mac shouldn't matter in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does Viewport sizes mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines