• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to copy paste the interactions of the components in another file in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the recent update, while in prototype mode, I used to be able to copy a prototype file, with its interactions, transitions and clickable animation and paste it into a new file and keep all these "hooks" to rework new ideas. Now it copy-pastes everything except transitions from one artboard to the next (time trigger).

Please bring this back as it saved me a lot of work redoing already created experiences.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

THANK YOU!! SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME AND REWORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. You are trying to say that when you copy the elements with interactions in a another XD file the transitions are not getting copied. If so, could you please share the screenshot of your about XD info page and the operating system you are using? In the meantime you share this info, I will check with the team regarding this.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Yes at first I thought it was all animations and interaction, but looked closer and it was just the time triggers for artboards to transition to the next. 

Here are the screenshots as requested. Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 08.38.21.pngScreenshot 2020-07-02 at 08.38.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Could you please make sure you are copying the deisgn with interaction from prototype mode and pasting it into the prototype mode of the other file? If that doesn't help, please share the file with me over a private message so that I can test at my end. You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with me.

Note: Please share the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaenc,

I would like to follow up on your issue. Would you mind telling us if the issue has been resolved? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

I am having the same trouble pasting interaction from another XD file to another file. Would you please help me? 

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Need a way to copy and paste while preserving ALL interactions and not just some!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD & OS.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh,

My colleaugue and I were able to narrow down the issue: if you have a component with the scroll group inside of it, the interactions on the scroll group don't carry over during copy/paste. To replicate: place a few buttons on the artboard and make them a scroll group, then make the scroll group into a component. Add an inteaction to one of the buttons, for example link it to another artboard. Now copy the whole thing - both artboards and the component and the interaction wire while in prototype mode and then paste into a blank file. Note that the artboards and the component pasted fine, but the interaction is gone.

Please let me know if you were able to replicate.

Thank you!

Sasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. Sasha you hit the nail on the head in describing that copying the scroll group will not copy interations. Did you ever find a solution? 

My best, 

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't have a solution :(. Some of the interactions (not all) are always lost and I have to recreate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying issue!!

Just save and close, then reopen XD. make sure you're in Prototype mode, cmd+c to copy then paste it onto new artboard/file in prototype mode. should work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!! SAVED ME A LOT OF TIME AND REWORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having trouble copying and pasting interactions from one Adobe XD file to another, there are a few things you can try:

1. Confirm compatibility: Make sure that both Adobe XD files are created and being opened in compatible versions of the software. If you're using an older version of XD, some features may not be supported or could cause issues when copying and pasting interactions.

2. Check selection and scope: Ensure that you have properly selected the components or elements containing the interactions you want to copy. Select the component itself or the entire artboard containing the interactions, depending on how they are set up. Make sure you're not accidentally selecting individual layers or unrelated elements.

3. Use the right-click menu: Instead of using keyboard shortcuts or the Edit menu, try right-clicking on the component or artboard that contains the interactions and choose "Copy" from the context menu. Then, go to the destination file, right-click on the target component or artboard, and choose "Paste" to see if the interactions are copied over.

4. Try duplicating the entire artboard: If copying and pasting individual interactions doesn't work, consider duplicating the entire artboard containing the component with the interactions. In the source file, select the artboard, right-click, and choose "Duplicate." Then, go to the destination file and paste the duplicated artboard. This will retain all the interactions associated with the components within the artboard.

5. Export and import as a component: If the above methods don't work, you can try exporting the component Pro Lulubox as an XD file from the source file. Right-click on the component and choose "Export as" > "Component" from the context menu. Save the component file. Then, in the destination file, go to "File" > "Import" and select the saved component file. This will import the component along with its interactions into the new file.

If none of these solutions work, there may be compatibility issues or limitations specific to the version of Adobe XD you're using. In that case, you may want to reach out to Adobe Support or consult the Adobe XD community forums for further assistance......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines