• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete linked components

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sync function of XD seems to be really broken. 
I can't delete a component, nor can I unlink the master document.
Even though the component in this example has no instance in this document, the only option is to "Highlight on canvas". 

alexanderd94316173_0-1613753445988.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not delete a linked component if it's inside another linked component. You have to remove it from the master first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexanderd94316173,
Thank you for reporting , In addition to Montrexz ans, I would like to add to the above issue, you can unlink the document from the document assets panel, from the filter dropdown, there are two option Filter by Type and Filter by Source, the linked document will be shown under Filter by source there is cross mark at the end of the file name, you can click on the cross, the linked document will be unlinked from the file.

Hope it helps,

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly the issue is not as simple as this. 
There is no cross to unlink the document.

This document state was caused by the following steps: 
1. Adobe XD was unable to open the cloud document (Design System V1) we are using for our design system. It was endlessly syncing, despite all attempts to fix the problem (unistall, reinstall, reboot, etc). 
2. I downloaded an offline copy of the cloud document Design System V1, created a new cloud document Design System V2.
3. I redeleted the original unaccessible cloud document Design System V1.
4. I linked the new file Design System V2 in the projects where priviously V1 was used. 

The result: Massive problems, unable to edit and update components, unable to unlink or delete components.

alexanderd94316173_0-1614074016125.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines