• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag and reorder layers or components

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is similar to this post : https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/panel-unable-to-drag-the-layers-to-reorder-in-the-panel-in-x... but the user never shared what fixed the issue for them.

Basically I'm unable to reorder any layer in any project, and I can't drag and drop components into my artboards (or anywhere, actually). It reacts to clicks, the row plays a little squeeze animation when I mouse down on them but nothing happens when I drag.

Same thing for layers, it does not show the preview line indicating where the layer will be reordered and nothing happens when I release the mouse.

I tried this in 4 different projects. I tried reinstalling XD, reinstalling Creative Cloud, searching for any XD files on my computer and deleting them, no luck. It's happening on a Windows 10 computer.

Any idea what could be causing this ?

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble in dragging and dropping the layers in XD. For first customer, he cleaned up his system and then reinstall XD. For the other one, he was logged out of Creative Cloud and when he signed back to both Creative Cloud and XD the issue got fixed.

Could you please share the screenshot of your about XD info page so that we can check if everything is in sync? I would also suggest log out of Creative Cloud app and XD, restart the machine and then sign back in.

Let me know if that helps.

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem which files to delete and how to fix it?

Windows 7

Adobe XD 54.1.12 and the earlier ones did not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines