Unable to enter text in Adobe Xd (bug)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodicity does not select the text and does not enter it where it is needed, but enters it in a random place, for example, in the "size" field. This bug is the entire existence of the program. I have a midday version. New PC, Last win update 10. I'm so angry that I’m ready to stop using the program. In order for the text to be correctly entered again, you have to restart the program, and this is a long time, and so every couple of minutes - it is impossible to work! Sometimes you can select text in the name of the object and selection in the layout will again become possible, but then this also stops working - the text is not highlighted and not entered. This application is for interface designers, and it does not even allow you to write plain text - horror.

Витрина (Автор - Подписка Магазин) ‎- Adobe XD 202.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct Answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020
Hi All,   We are sorry for the frustration. I have logged a bug for the issue so that our engineering team can investigate on it. I will share the updates with you as soon as I hear back from the team.   We are sorry for the inconvenience.   Thanks, Harshika

translate

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020
Hi, here is a solution found on another forum regarding this issue : launch c:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on Run or the explorer or the windows bar. Or you can find this fisher ctfmon.exe et launch it, it will solve the problem. This issue is due to severeal language pluged on the computor. Hope it will help

translate

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and this is still a Issue. One thing that I spoted is when xd is overload with many projects (or two Sketch files...) this "bug" starting showing up.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using XD in Win 10 and am getting the same problem with the text tool. Somebody in the thread suggested Alt-tabbing away and back, and that works. However, I only get the problem if I Alt+drag to duplicate text, not if I enter text with the text tool. After duplication, none of the text on the artboards is editable until using the Alt+Tab work-around. Sombody in the thread suggested that XD is holding onto the Alt after dragging and that would certainly seem to be a possibility. If only Adobe would respond...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem. 

Its become so disruptive for me I am considering moving to a differeent design package, its literally costing me money because I cant deliver my work efficiently.

The solution/workaround that I am currently using is to load ctfmon.exe each time the text has issues. It resolves it for a while then it starts coming back again. I have pinned a shortcut to this program on my taskbar so I can get to it easily.  While this does make the function usable (for the time being), I dont expect to have to run a hacky workaround for something as basic as using the text function within a piece of software that I pay for, its really unacceptable Adobe. 

Sort it out!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!!!!!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text Area doesn't work at all for me. If I select the Text tool and click and drag to create a text area, the second I click into the area to type anything, the text area disappears. If I drag the box out and begin typing (without clicking inside the bounds) it turns into a regular text field. I don't even get the dotted bounding box that you would expect for a text area. It's a solid line. It's as if I'm still holding the Alt key but I'm not. 

I'm using MacOS 11.1 Big Sur with the latest version of XD 38.1.12

It appears this problem or similar problems have been going on for a while now. I can't work like this. I may switch to Figma soon or something like that. I'm sure I can find a photo shop replacement if I need to........This is unreasonable.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out there is an auto-height feature that is on by default. Although it has some use cases that may help, I hate that it's on by default. To get the traditional Text Area to work the way it used to, I have to click and drag out my box. Then before it disappears type at least one character. If I click into the box it will still disappear so you need to type something first. Only then am I able to disable the auto-height feature. Then I can drag it out and add some lorem ipsum or some other text. This is very clunky. Poor implementation in my opinion

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines