• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to enter text in Adobe Xd (bug)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Periodicity does not select the text and does not enter it where it is needed, but enters it in a random place, for example, in the "size" field. This bug is the entire existence of the program. I have a midday version. New PC, Last win update 10. I'm so angry that I’m ready to stop using the program. In order for the text to be correctly entered again, you have to restart the program, and this is a long time, and so every couple of minutes - it is impossible to work! Sometimes you can select text in the name of the object and selection in the layout will again become possible, but then this also stops working - the text is not highlighted and not entered. This application is for interface designers, and it does not even allow you to write plain text - horror.

Витрина (Автор - Подписка Магазин) ‎- Adobe XD 202.png

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your patience. Update on the logged bug, the team identified that it's a known issue with Mircosoft and they are working on it to fix the issue. The only workaround as of now is to change the focus from XD((like minimizing and maximizing the app). Let us know if that helps. 

We'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Hi, here is a solution found on another forum regarding this issue : launch c:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe on Run or the explorer or the windows bar. Or you can find this fisher ctfmon.exe et launch it, it will solve the problem. 

This issue is due to severeal language pluged on the computor. Hope it will help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-enter-text-in-adobe-xd-bug/m-p/11612125?page=4#M40...

Let us know if this helps or if you need anything else.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately, it does not help. Type Tool is still broken. I can not type anything into the Input fields after a few minutes. The only temporary solution for me is restarting XD every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same same same!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am experiencing the same thing. It's horrible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem and unfortunately, this solution (ctfmon.exe) does not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and this is still a Issue. One thing that I spoted is when xd is overload with many projects (or two Sketch files...) this "bug" starting showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using XD in Win 10 and am getting the same problem with the text tool. Somebody in the thread suggested Alt-tabbing away and back, and that works. However, I only get the problem if I Alt+drag to duplicate text, not if I enter text with the text tool. After duplication, none of the text on the artboards is editable until using the Alt+Tab work-around. Sombody in the thread suggested that XD is holding onto the Alt after dragging and that would certainly seem to be a possibility. If only Adobe would respond...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem. 

Its become so disruptive for me I am considering moving to a differeent design package, its literally costing me money because I cant deliver my work efficiently.

The solution/workaround that I am currently using is to load ctfmon.exe each time the text has issues. It resolves it for a while then it starts coming back again. I have pinned a shortcut to this program on my taskbar so I can get to it easily.  While this does make the function usable (for the time being), I dont expect to have to run a hacky workaround for something as basic as using the text function within a piece of software that I pay for, its really unacceptable Adobe. 

Sort it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text Area doesn't work at all for me. If I select the Text tool and click and drag to create a text area, the second I click into the area to type anything, the text area disappears. If I drag the box out and begin typing (without clicking inside the bounds) it turns into a regular text field. I don't even get the dotted bounding box that you would expect for a text area. It's a solid line. It's as if I'm still holding the Alt key but I'm not. 

I'm using MacOS 11.1 Big Sur with the latest version of XD 38.1.12

It appears this problem or similar problems have been going on for a while now. I can't work like this. I may switch to Figma soon or something like that. I'm sure I can find a photo shop replacement if I need to........This is unreasonable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turns out there is an auto-height feature that is on by default. Although it has some use cases that may help, I hate that it's on by default. To get the traditional Text Area to work the way it used to, I have to click and drag out my box. Then before it disappears type at least one character. If I click into the box it will still disappear so you need to type something first. Only then am I able to disable the auto-height feature. Then I can drag it out and add some lorem ipsum or some other text. This is very clunky. Poor implementation in my opinion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows >  setting > time and language > language > scroll down to preffered languages.

make top language(Primary) as desired one. other just remove it. Keep one language pack.

Bests,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problems today and it is really slowing my workflow down. I never really noticed this problem on the previous version of XD until I recently updated yesterday: July 12th, 2021.

I've restarted the application just this morning at least 5 times because of this bug. It works great for a little while then just bugs out and when typing the text goes to font name, font weight, or other fields in the text properties panel. It has been extremely frustrating.

Any ideas when a new XD update will be released to fix these text editing / focus problems? I'm trying the solution posted refering to running: c:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe to see if this fixes anything.

Thank you,

Jesse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. I tried everything possible. Never expected from Adobe this kind of bug. Its been a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still avaiable for Windows' users. It's really annoyng to have to press alt+tab or windows key everytime I want to edit an text. Even in XD UI when I want to change a object's size/position I have to press winkey or alt+tab. 

I already tried to use one language only, I tried the ctfmon.exe sollution and nothing works! 

- XD v41.1.12.9, CC v4.14.0.17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's August 2021 and I'm dealing with this bug at least 100 times a day. There are still a lot of bugs in XD that annoy me, but this one wins. When will we get an update on this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I hope you finally switched to Figma and are working productively again, as I should have years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aug. 18th 2021. Still an issue. Hardcore unacceptable. Saying the issue is with Microsoft is also unacceptable. XD is the *only* piece of software I have this issue with. Change how you are doing text input or something. Go check Photoshop way of handling input and use that.

As a software developer myself, I know there may be more to it than just that, but I also know that I'd find it absolutely unacceptable for my software to have to be alt+tabbed out of literally hundreds of times a day in order to get work done.

Adobe made $12b in revenue last year. Fix the software that people are paying money to use and stop making excusing and pointing the finger. No one cares to read why you are passsing the buck. Fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen... and it's still not fixed. I made the switch to Figma. I hope you did too. XD is an absolute flow/productivity killer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another related text bug is in the image attached, whereby text remains highlighted (but non-editable) even when you're doing other stuff. That breaks all other key-commands until you somehow de-select the text, in this case by switching focus and switching back.

Broken text boxes and Adobe XD, name a better combo. Can't wait for the fix, I'm sure it's an annoying bug to solve given it's Windows and all.

TheChesterCat_0-1629993912756.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 1st, 2021 - I've given up. I'm sick of dealing with this bug day in and day out. My team is finally going to bite the bullet and pay for a service to move our documents from XD to Figma, then shut down our teams Adobe CC subscription. This is obviously either somehow not on Adobes radar, or they simply do not care about getting it fixed from those dealing with the issue day in and day out.

Goodbye, XD. You won't be missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Left Adobe CC about a month and a half ago specifically over this bug. Figma has given me absolutely no stress compared to XD in that time.

Never looking back. Good riddance to XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, type tool is just buggy all the time, can Adobe maybe focus on getting the basics right and stop with the releases of stuff like lottie anmimations...unreal that this is still an issue, this is a major problem which is making XD next to useable. @Adobe dont reply this you know its a bug, you know it needs to be fixed, not interested in your canned response, sick of it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobes answer...."This issue is due to severeal language pluged on the computor. Hope it will help" no its not, its due to buggy software relased by Adobe, youre aware of it as a bug since Sep 2020.... FIX IT ALREADY!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelivable Adobe its almost 2022! I have still this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines