• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Export an XD artboard into After Effects.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have designed a few screens in xd and trying to export one artboard via after effects. I got the below message. Could you please help me with the same?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shwetha,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble exporting an artboard into After Effects. I hope you are following the same process to export an artboard into After Effects as mentioned below:

• In XD, select the layers or artboards you want to animate in After Effects.
  • Go to: File> Export > After Effects. If After Effects is not installed on your machine, this option is greyed out. You can also use the ⌥⌘F (Mac), or Ctrl+Alt+F (Windows) keyboard shortcuts.
  • The selected layers or artboards are added as native shapes, texts, assets, and nested compositions in your AE project.

In addition to that, would you mind checking if the artboard selected has any feature which is not supported as mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/open-after-effects-files-in-xd.html?

Let me know if that helps. I am here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have just checked the features. I haven't used any feature that is non supported by after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind sharing the file with me over a private message so that I can test at mu end? You may upload the file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the url with me.

Note: Please share the url of the post for reference over a PM.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines