• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import SVG file in XD after latest windows update.

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XD team!

A few hours ago I have updated my windows 10 PC. After that, I am not able to import any SVG file in XD.

Also, Copy-pasting of vector objects from Adobe Illustrator to Adobe XD artboard is not working as well

Would you please check this issue?

Latest OS Build: 17763.1

Version: 1809

Thanks.

Screenshot_1830.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshot Lokmanh, as you are unable to import SVG, I would request you to try the steps mentioned here: - Files didn't import into Adobe XD  and share the results.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul Saini

I can't import any kind of SVG. For example, before the windows update, I have used icons from https://material.io/tools/icons/.  After the update, I can't import any SVG icons from there.

I have also many SVG icons on my computer and I have imported and used those icons in XD many times. After the windows 10 update SVG import is not working in XD.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of the problem and it will be fixed in the next XD version.

Kind regards,

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make this fixed as soon as possible, because this feature it's so crucial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally? It's now March 2022 and this issue still exists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem too, it is a nightmare. I need to work, to carry out orders, and here such problems. It is not clear when they are going to fix this problem? It is desirable as quickly as possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lokmanh/Cергейс,

As M. mentioned in post# 2, the team is aware of this and it will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same problem. I spent all day trying to solve it without being 
able to work. Good luck in solving and thank you! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, do you have a date for the next release please? This just stopped me dead in my tracks 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem... my work has stopped...what to do? roll back windows to old version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me not to be stopped I downloaded on the site of xdguru the icons of the material in an .xd file. 
Then just copy from one file to another that gives to continue the work.

https://www.xdguru.com/adobe-xd-icons-material/

I hope they solve this bug soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the solution, just roll back your windows version,
Windows - Settings - Update & Security - Recovery - Go Back to a Previous Build

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have a sloution! In Ai go and save as or save as copy and when the SVG options window apears click on the SVG code and copy that and paste the SVG code direcly in to XD. Worked greate for me.

/thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha! Pretty old issue but did not see that, sorry about that. Never the less I got this problem to day so for me it was a relief to find a solution.

/thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution, I am sure it will help other community members. In addition to the steps shared above, I also found a helpful article, which shares more information on importing files from Adobe Illustrator: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/how-to/import-assets-from-illustrator.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Nothing happens for me when I paste all the code in, do you have any tips??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No, I just do as I described, sorry. Maybe you can explain your way to when your about to paste it to XD and then I can try and see if I get the same issue. 

/thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then - you can just copy your artwork in AI and paste in XD, no need to copy & paste the SVG code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked! (Today is my very first time trying out XD) It also worked with another SVG I downloaded from a website (placing it in AI and copying-and-pasting into XD). However, it still doesn't work to import it directly? Is that an issue, or just how it works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sensing there's an issue importing SVG on Windows (you're on Windows, right?), because I can import SVG direct on my Mac no problem. One for Adobe guys to investigate and fix...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When you do it your way is it an svg file you paste into XD or is it an images?

/thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I export an SVG from Illustrator, and as the last window, I get the option to see the code, I copy all of that with ctrl+a and ctrl+c and click on the open XD window and click ctrl+v and/or right-click and paste. And nothing happens. (The image I made in illustrator is very simple, just 2 regular shapes and a pen-drawn shape, so shouldn't be any problems with the file itself, I think)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to export to SVG from AI, just copy and paste your artwork from AI to XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines