Highlighted

Unable to insert image by drag and drop in XD version(22.0.12.12)on Windows 10.

Advocate ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a rectangle or circular container to my document I used to be able to directly place an image file into this by dragging it directly onto the container. It would automatically place inside that container and automatically fit the size of the container. What happens now is that it sometimes refuses to do so, instead its just placed outside on the document canvas with it's original size. When that happens the only way I'm able to insert the image into the container is to use the mask feature, but that's not what I want. This is obviously a bug cause 10 minutes later I do the exact same thing on the exact same document on the same computer with the exact same files but then it works...until it suddenly doesn't again. I have tried dragging image files without having the container selected and with, also tried to drag and drop from different image viewers like Bridge and IrfanWiev, Windows file explorer but that doesn't return any different result. It happens with both square containers, circular and square containers with altered corner radius. I've tried gif, png, jpg and svg. When it works all these formats works BUT I'm not able to replace them by drag and drop if they are different file formats, so if I drag a svg file to replace a png file nothing happens - I need to swap it with something that has identical file format. Another thing that's not working is removing an image file when it's inside a container. I can double click it and reposition it but if I delete it the whole container get's deleted. I also observe that sometimes files that are replaced aren't really gone cause the old one is there but just moved outside the container area, if I double click the new image the old on re-appears outside the position it used to have. When I let go the box it's no longer visible. It's messy business this container thing.

Also, I used to be able to directly drag and drop both ai and eps files into XD but that's no longer possible at all. Now I'm back to what used to be the common rule, namely to open those files in Illustrator and do a copy and paste routine. So now it's back to that again?

XD Ver. 22.0.12.12 on W10.

The Title was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to insert image by drag and drop in XD version(22.0.12.12)on Windows 10.

Advocate ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a rectangle or circular container to my document I used to be able to directly place an image file into this by dragging it directly onto the container. It would automatically place inside that container and automatically fit the size of the container. What happens now is that it sometimes refuses to do so, instead its just placed outside on the document canvas with it's original size. When that happens the only way I'm able to insert the image into the container is to use the mask feature, but that's not what I want. This is obviously a bug cause 10 minutes later I do the exact same thing on the exact same document on the same computer with the exact same files but then it works...until it suddenly doesn't again. I have tried dragging image files without having the container selected and with, also tried to drag and drop from different image viewers like Bridge and IrfanWiev, Windows file explorer but that doesn't return any different result. It happens with both square containers, circular and square containers with altered corner radius. I've tried gif, png, jpg and svg. When it works all these formats works BUT I'm not able to replace them by drag and drop if they are different file formats, so if I drag a svg file to replace a png file nothing happens - I need to swap it with something that has identical file format. Another thing that's not working is removing an image file when it's inside a container. I can double click it and reposition it but if I delete it the whole container get's deleted. I also observe that sometimes files that are replaced aren't really gone cause the old one is there but just moved outside the container area, if I double click the new image the old on re-appears outside the position it used to have. When I let go the box it's no longer visible. It's messy business this container thing.

Also, I used to be able to directly drag and drop both ai and eps files into XD but that's no longer possible at all. Now I'm back to what used to be the common rule, namely to open those files in Illustrator and do a copy and paste routine. So now it's back to that again?

XD Ver. 22.0.12.12 on W10.

The Title was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using Adobe XD and unable to drag and drop images into the container. Could you please share the Gif or video of the workflow, so that we can try to replicate at our end? I would also request you to please update XD to the latest version (22.1.12.5) and let us know if that helps.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XD update wasn't available to me when I wrote the post, but the update didn't change anything. Still the same issues. Actually it's normally the updates that carries the problems. I don't have any video capture software but I think I described the issues pretty detailed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 20, 2019 0