• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open a file in XD getting Error 86: This not a valid xd file.

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been working on an xd file for weeks and I tried to open it yesterday, but it did not open. The feedback was, Error 86: This is not a valid xd file. Is there a possible solution for this please. Can you please help me with it. 

Thank  you,

Best Regards. 

screenshot.jpeg

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared on this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

Thank you for your response, I have tried the suggestions in the link you sent. I'd need further assistance, none of them worked. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying James, could you please confirm if it's happening with a specific file or multiple files? If it's happening with a specific file, will it be possible for you to share the file with us? If yes, you can either share the file here or you can send a private message to me by clicking on my name. You can add the file to cloud storage and share the link.

Note: Please add this discussion link in the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Rishabh_Tiwari,

I'm also having the same problem. The error is showing while opening multiple XD files. I have new windows 10 installed and downloaded the updated Adobe xd software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. We have logged a bug for this issue, and the team is investigating it. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation? Meanwhile, you can try the suggestion shared in this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105... and see if that helps.

Note: Please add this discussion link in the subject while sharing the file in DM.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines