Unable to open Adobe XD getting error 5718.

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem opening my Adobe XD, I get the error: "Feche e reinicie o XD, depois tente abrir o documento novamente. (erro 5719)" - Translation: close XD and reopen it, then try again to open the file . (error 5719)

Already tried:
- Reinstall adobe XD and all other applications
- Reinstall Creative Cloud and all APPs
- Remove the user account
Nothing worked.

I tested with another account, on the same machine but the problem does not happen. I made a chat with Abobe's support who informs me, the user (user profile) has to be administrator of the machine. For a business environment (For security and other reasons), it does not make sense,  the user have to be a administrator of the machine to use one APP (adobe XD).

I have already placed the user with Read and Write permissions on adobe folders, but even then the problem persists.

Is it really necessary for the user to be a machine administrator? Because?

Is there no way around this situation?

No other application needs to be a machine admin to use, correct?

Note: The user where the problem did not happen, was in my machine administrator login.

Can you help?

Regards

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Crash on windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2021
HARSHIKA_VERMA Adobe Employee , Jan 28, 2021
Hi there,   Sorry to hear you are still experiencing the issue with XD. I would request you to please try the below steps -   1. Uninstall XD.2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task Manager.3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%4. Delete the Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe. 5. Repair the Creative Cloud Desktop app and restart the machine. 6. Then Install XD again.   Let us know if that helps.   Thanks, Harshika

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have tried this over, and over again.

I've followed all the steps listed as solutions here.

Several times.

None of these solutions work.

It's the only app on Adobe Cloud that does not work.

All the other ones (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Character Animator, etc, etc) work perfectly well.

It's incredible that Adobe XD simply is not fit for purpose.

It does not even start.

Always: Error 5718 

Is anyone at Adobe taking this issue seriously? It seems not.

We will have to use competitor software for wireframing a website, which is also free and online!

What a shame.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not working here. Anyone resolved this already?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not solved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, XD is not working. I updated the tool and is crash. Now, I tried to install the version before the update but is not working also.. Error 5718

Please help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still same error, perhaps we should collect some money and send it to Adobe, and THEN they would help us

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I did those steps and helped:

1. Uninstall XD.
2. Quit Creative Cloud Desktop app and kill all related processes from Task Manager.
3. Delete temp files by going to run(Win+r) then %temp%
4. Delete the Adobe XD CC folder from  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe.

5. Repair the Creative Cloud Desktop app and restart the machine.

6. Then Install XD again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having this same problem, anyone found any solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only if you pay Adobe offers some support to give solutions?

Then don´t offer the free trial and save the users some time.

Months with no answer to several users with the same error

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines