Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open any file in Adobe XD.

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

All day i cannot open any file in XD. It loads and freses like this (attachd file). Nothing helps - updated, reinstaled the program, restarted my laptop few times... Any suggestions? And few times my desktop becomes black (dont know if it's of the program, but It happends for a first time) Please Help! I need a urgent solution 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Hi Maris,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening files in Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Would you mind sharing the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Have you tried to open the files in any other system?
  • Are these Cloud documents or local documents? If cloud documents, please try to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/

If that doesn't help, please try the solution mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maris,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening files in Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details like-

• Would you mind sharing the OS & XD version of your machine?
  • Have you tried to open the files in any other system?
  • Are these Cloud documents or local documents? If cloud documents, please try to open the file from here: https://assets.adobe.com/

If that doesn't help, please try the solution mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html

For immediate assistance, please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for 1:1 assistance on the same.

Let us know if you face any trouble.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Windows 10 OS and my XD is the lastest update version. My files are local. Windows is the only version I have 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. Could you please confirm if you've tried the steps mentioned in the help article provided up?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i've tried 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More over I tried updating drivers, fix registry errors, update .NET framework and directX. Also installed every Windows update I had. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program again. For the first few attepmts to open a file the program would open and start loading the file. The loading bar reaches 100% and thats all. I was able to close the program the normal way. But at some point I ended up again with the scenario - the program wont close normally thus I am forced to use CTRL+ALT+DEL and the screen turns black and the mouse pointer flickers. After that I have no choice bu to restart the laptop. It's like columative problem after each reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Today I connected my laptop in my workplace with a monitor and everything worked perfectly. Disabled it - and XD  stopped again. Please help, What can be the problem. I cover all the minimal requirements. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maris,

I can't speak English.
However, I have encountered a similar problem.
I gave a message if I wanted to be helpful.

I converted the message with Google Translate.
I wrote so hard, but I'm sorry if I have a strange word.

(case 1)
● Isn't there a lot of FONT in the PC?
In this case, reducing the number of FONTs will open the file for reading.
Other ADOBE software works, but XD becomes unsatisfactory with the included FONT

(Case 2)
● If you stop WINDOWS [Font Cache Service], XD will break.

I'm glad if you can use it as a reference.

I contacted ADOBE, but my XD file doesn't open (it takes a long time to open).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be sure, you can use this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m to get in touch with us. The link will redirect you to a support agent in your region that is most likely to converse in the language of your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AH ! That's a GOOD thing, getting closer to a diagnose and a possible solution.

It wouldn't be the first time that an Adobe application fails to start, due to a corrupted Preference setting. Preference files are often being stored somewhere on the system, keeping track of the system's and application's current configuration and your personal preferences, so it can start up again in the exact same state you left it. Display properties are often one of those settings ! And any existing preference files are often retained, even while reinstalling applications, in order to let your experience be the same after e.g. an update.

So it seems that you're stuck between your preference file not working well, and not being able to kick it...

With almost all Adobe Creative Cloud applications you can easily ignore and reset such a corrupted preference file by pressing some keys upon startup. However, such an approach isn't available for Adobe XD (yet). So you need to dig into some folders to retrieve that preference folder and/or file manually. I can't find any reference for that on Windows, though this page does give an inkling about it on a Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/preferences-migration-fails-xd-update.html

Use it as a help to locate the folder, create a copy as a backup somewhere else (i.e. on your Desktop), and just delete the original – don't follow the other instructions on this Help page (it serves a different purpose).

Proceed with caution, and if you don't feel safe doing these kind of thing, then hopefully some one from the Adobe development team can chime in and shed a light on the location of these preference files and folders. You can also try a chat with an Adobe Customer Service rep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines