Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

• Try to open the file on other machine. If the file opened up, rename the file and then try to open the file again on the first machine.
  • Please create a new user account of your machine and then try to open the file.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk
  •  For few users this specific solution worked" Forget all about updating an anything! Just press (cmd-space) and then source fore Activitties monitor, and then close all adobe things, after that start again"

If none of the above solution worked, there is a bug logged for the issue and the team is working on it. You may definitely see improvements in future releases of XD. I will update you as soon as the team fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Topics

Crash on windows, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to down load a program from creative cloud and I keep getting an error: # 86. It says that it believes my computer is running another instance of creative cloud or something.

It says specifically:

Another version of Creative Cloud desktop is currently running. (error code: 86)

Please help

thank you

a

Amber

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amber which operating system are you using?  Have you tried rebooting your computer?  Please see Install and update apps - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html for information on how to install the Adobe Creative applications included with your membership.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe amhdestiny and i are having the same problem. i'm trying to install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, not an individual program apps. i get exactly the same error message amhdestiny describes above. i installed all CC apps 2 months ago and they all work well, except for the Desktop App. i want now to install TypeKit, but i can't because the Adobe CC installer says the error above.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-way have you rebooted your computer and then tried to update?  If so then please try the steps listed in Error downloading Creative Cloud applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-downloading-cc-apps.html.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget all about updating an anything! Just press (cmd-space) and then source fore Activitties monitor, and then close all adobe things, after that start again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are amazing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where is source on the mac?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nevermind! Got it! u type it in to the spotlight bar! You're awesome!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked! Christian123456 YOU ROCK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have created a document to address this issue https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error86-creativecloud.html

Let us know your feedback on the document.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello. how can i fix error 86 in adobe xd?

i have worked on it for long time and i can not imagine to loos it!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neda,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble using Adobe XD and getting error 86. We will try our best to help you with this error.

To proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files of your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <How to use the Creative Cloud Log Collector tool > After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message.

Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, click my profile picture and use the Message button.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. In order to help you, you need to provide us with some useful information, such as:

• Adobe XD version in use;
  • Specifications of your computer;
  • Check if the Creative CLoud app is up to date.

Also, try installing Adobe XD again. I recommend you use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall Adobe XD and delete any corrupt files.

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

Could you please confirm if you're still facing the issue or you need further assistance on this? We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

we are sorry to hear that you're facing trouble opening the file in XD and getting error 86. I would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM and then try to open the file again.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Could you please confirm if you're still facing the issue? Please let us know if you need more assistance on this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Followed the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, Nothing is working out.

I have the xd saved on my local machine. I do have its Temporary file saved on my local machine.
I also tried the steps Adobe Customer Care mentioned, that also did not work!
Is this possible? Please guide.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was working on a file for couple of weeks. Today(26th Sep) Then it started to give an error. It says There was an error opening the file .....  (Error code: 86). I open it on onother system. Tried opening, but no luck. There's no problem with my other xd documents. I think this is a corrupted file error. Is there any way to fix it? I'm using Windows 10 And XD 

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaurav,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. A few more details would be super helpful.

• Woud you mind telling the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • Are you able to open the same file on other system?

If yes, I would suggest renaming the file on other system and save it again. 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Add a group