• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is not that helpful i wanted to use the software via windows 8 but i can't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble downloading the older version of XD. Would you mind confirming if you have tried signing out of Creative Cloud app & sign back in?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the following 

1. Signed out and signed back in

2. Uninstalled, reinstalled, and signed back in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried this guide? Error code 86 | Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps. Could you please confirm if the solution provided by Italo in the link helped you?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot open my file in Adobe XD. I have a message about Error 86. I have the latest Adobe Updates, reinstalled XD, create new account in windows and nothing can help. I don't know what i should do. My project is 3-mths hard work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand your frustration. I would feel the same in your situation. A few more details would be helpful like-

• Would you mind confirming if it's happening with a specific file or all the files?
  • Are those cloud documents or local documents?
  • Could you please share the screenshot of your about XD info page?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I am expriencing error code 86 with my document, and cannot open it. I have seen this has effected many users but theres no fix I can see in the forums. 

I have tried all the recommended steps (activity monitor, uninstalling, etc), and even tried on a sperate computer with a seperate adobe account. Running the latest XD version also. 

I have the AdobeLogs file generated also. If a member of support can assist that would be much apprecaited indeed. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD and thanks for trying the steps mentioned on the community. Would you mind telling me if it's happening with a specific file or all the files? Are you working on the cloud document or local document? Please share the screenshot of your about XD info page.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply, Harshika! 

Here are the screenshots. It is happening for only one file, all others are working fine. The file is a local file - I have several local files, and several in the cloud. The file was last accessed at the same time as all of the others, and saved without any issues, and the others open without any issues at all.

Any help would be much apprecaited. I can share the file and the log with you if that helps via a private message.

About.png

Screenshot_11_03_2020__14_25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. Would you mind creating a copy of this file and then try to rename this duplicate file and try to open the file?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was one of the first things I tried - it doesn't make the file readable. 

I have tried all the simple fixes that have been suggested in the various topics about this - none have worked so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika, I see in previous threads Adobe support has requested the file in question and also the log report - are you able to attempt a repair to a file facing this issue, once it is sent over? 

Really don't want to lose all my work over this so willing to share it with you if thats something that can be done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. If you are still experiencing the issue while opening the file in XD. Please share the file me with over a private message along with the log file using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html so that I can log a bug and escalate it to the team.

Please share your OS and XD version of your machine.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a local machine only file not kept inside creative cloud documents. I worked on it over a month or so and it has the latest designs for a quite a few important application modules.

캡처.PNG

"Error code: 86" this is not a valid xd document.

I have already done everything according to the instructions in the link below.

I also tried downgrading but got the same error.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/crash-load-error-86-while-opening-the-file-in-xd/m-p/1056503...

Send my files together. And if possible, I hope that the problem is resolved as soon as possible and let me know.

And can you make the document I sent private? I uploaded it to solve the problem, so I hope it can be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yooareum,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the local file in XD and thank you for sharing the file with us. We would like to know a few more details in order to escalate the issue to the team-

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

The version I use is 28.2.12.
And I tried the version at 28.1.12.

I sent my log file link to your personal message. Please confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the log file. Is it possible for you to share a sample XD file with me as well so that I can log a bug and team can investigate on it?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't I already share the sample xd file to you? I don't know what to tell you.

I'll share the best file I sent before.

I sent my file link to your personal message. Please confirm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the file. I will check and investigate on it and will get back to you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I received it. I have raised a bug for your issue and the team is working on it. I have also sent you a private message. Could you please check and confirm if you have received or not?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the latest version 28.3 after checking the messenger, but the same error occurs.

When will this problem be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. I have logged a bug for the issue and our team is investigating on it.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solutions provided here does NOT work at all. I followed every step of the way, got the same error. I love the design I've made there and all went to junk because of this error. I should have not updated my XD. Now even if I get back to the old XD, problem still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - why has this topic been marked as solved? There's no working solution listed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines